Steven Davis: â??Iâ??d like to come back and play for Rangers againâ??

Why would Naisy want to come back to a club he's never heard of, this brand new club that has no history according to him and he knows nothing about.

He made a mistake. I'm a member of other forums and many Rangers fans said the same thing when it became a near certainty that oldco was heading for liquidation.

He made a mistake. I'm a member of other forums and many Rangers fans said the same thing when it became a near certainty that oldco was heading for liquidation.

I think a lot of it stemmed from the negative reaction to Bill Millers Newco plan

I was just using Green as a generic name for hierarchy there, it's more a case of me having a go at the players. Ally McCoist and Malcolm Murray were available as well.

Yes and those two didn't try to persuade the players to stay either. If you're sure they were so approachable then why was Jig on the radio saying the opposite?

Meanwhile you've got D&P and the PFA bickering over the legalities of the TUPE.

Yes and those two didn't try to persuade the players to stay either. If you're sure they were so approachable then why was Jig on the radio saying the opposite?

Meanwhile you've got D&P and the PFA bickering over the legalities of the TUPE.

McCulloch said something like not many knew what was going on, who the hell did, did Green etc even know fully what was happening? Like I say, whether they were easy too get a hold of or not, i'd be interested to know how many players really pushed to speak to anyone.

Good debate but we are going in circles a bit, I have my feelings that are unlikely to change unless some pretty brand new information comes out that portrays the players in a better light. If any of them ever return i'll be unhappy but as with everything i'll likely get over it.

McCulloch said something like not many knew what was going on, who the hell did, did Green etc even know fully what was happening? Like I say, whether they were easy too get a hold of or not, i'd be interested to know how many players really pushed to speak to anyone.

Green and his takeover partners didn't do enough to get the players on side. They didn't even have the trust of a majority of the support at the time. It was their investment so why were they going along with the threatening tone of D&P treating the players like a piece of meat instead of trying to protect their investment by treating them like people.

McCoist was on holiday and as Jig said had his phone switched off. When he did speak to the players, if Naismith, Whittaker and Lafferty are to be believed he didn't try to persuade them to stay.

The players aren't blameless. Like I said, I don't think anyone is, but this whole 'they weren't banging on doors' excuse is a bit flimsy to say the least.