Steven Davis: â??Iâ??d like to come back and play for Rangers againâ??

I noticed with the Juve game last night (which actually was an entertaining game to watch) they will never hump the ball up the field from a keeper, if they can help it. The times they passed across their own box - well if it was Rangers doing it, my heart would have been in my mouth. They play patient, skillful football and build from the back.

I'm shocked at some of the deserter/traitor comments, I don't understand that mentality.

And watch it again in the 2nd leg when Juve are at home, I bet its far more easy on the eye.

When I was training in the 90s we used to play 5-asides where there was a wall a little over 1 meter high then netting (to prevent the ball going into the next pitch), one of the rules were the ball wasnt allowed to go above wall height or a free kick was given, it totally encouraged us to get the ball passing on the deck. Such a simple rule.

you dont believe whytes plan was always admin? i am not convinced he would have paid the tax even had we qualified.
It was always an option but it's difficult to go into administration if you have a good few million from the CL sitting in the bank.

Why go into administration if you qualify for the CL group stages and win the BTC?

He may well have ended up with funding issues further down the line but a successful team could have resulted in us trading out of it. If administration was something he was definitely going to do then he could have done it a lot earlier than he did.

It was always an option but it's difficult to go into administration if you have a good few million from the CL sitting in the bank.

Why go into administration if you qualify for the CL group stages and win the BTC?

He may well have ended up with funding issues further down the line but a successful team could have resulted in us trading out of it. If administration was something he was definitely going to do then he could have done it a lot earlier than he did.

i have no idea mate but many people said admin was always whytes plan.

i do agree we could have worked our way out of it but i dont think whyte knew how to run a football club properly. alarm bells started ringing in my ear when we were knocked out of europe and the clubs outgoings were not cut. we added to an already impending loss. it was so stupid.

A result in the tax case was expected much much earlier as well.

tupe was a million miles away from the time i am talking about when whyte was in charge. (the signings of the new deals)

Yeah but they were paid the full terms on time until the company became insolvent and they agreed cuts.

Whyte was no good but it's a bit ambiguous to say he never intended to honour the contracts.

And watch it again in the 2nd leg when Juve are at home, I bet its far more easy on the eye.

When I was training in the 90s we used to play 5-asides where there was a wall a little over 1 meter high then netting (to prevent the ball going into the next pitch), one of the rules were the ball wasnt allowed to go above wall height or a free kick was given, it totally encouraged us to get the ball passing on the deck. Such a simple rule.

I agree. They were prepared to lose possession as they were confident in themselves. They were quite happy to let Celtic have a go. I don't believe the same will be true in the 2nd leg, however juve can relax a bit more. I just really enjoyed watching a team string passes together, even if fairly often they went nowhere.

Personally I think Celtic played into their hands, they ran themselves ragged and Juve didn't, so they were fresh enough to score the two in the latter stages. I've seen lots saying juve cheated, Celtic were the better team etc & whilst I agree they were very threatening, I don't really agree they were the better team.