Give Scott Gallacher a chance in goal.

A manager can't always judge the mental capabilities of a player until they thrown in. There's always an element of risk.

very true but you will never find out if you don't try. super seems paralysed by fear. walter used to put them in i cl and of games. i suspect because the pressure was somewhat of as a bad result was not unexpected.

very true but you will never find out if you don't try. super seems paralysed by fear. walter used to put them in i cl and of games. i suspect because the pressure was somewhat of as a bad result was not unexpected.

No so sure about that. He has used Macleod, McKay and others fairly often.

FWIW, I think is arguably more difficult for younger keepers and defenders to make an earlier breakthrough.

No so sure about that. He has used Macleod, McKay and others fairly often.

FWIW, I think is arguably more difficult for younger keepers and defenders to make an earlier breakthrough.

i would say it definitely is. walter used to say their was no substitute for experience at ch.

but. if every their was a place to garner experience and make your mistakes.

If we were romping every game 3,4,5 - nil then there wouldn't be a problem with testing a rookie keeper, however that (generally) isn't happening. As shown last night, we went one up, then tried for a 2nd (in the 1st half) with no luck, then really struggled for a winner after they equalized. Alexander had a good save to his left to prevent Stirling taking the lead - a rookie may not have made the save & the game lost.

The team as a whole needs to be performing more comfortably, more often before experimenting with such a crucial position.

i would say it definitely is. walter used to say their was no substitute for experience at ch.

but. if every their was a place to garner experience and make your mistakes.

It didn't stop him bringing through a 17 yr old Danny Wilson, not just in the SPL but also the CL.

I don't personally rate Alexander as a particularly good keeper. He was a good reserve keeper, but 5-6 years without a regular game has taken it's toll. His positioning and decision making were always suspect. He was a decent shot stopper, but he's well past his best. He doesn't command his area, flaps at crosses and generally looks sluggish. He gets too much credit imo for making the ocassional good save.

I'd be disappointed if we keep him as our number one and agree with the OP that now's as good a time as any to give the lad Gallacher a chance.