BBC Scotland report NO titles to be stripped but are fined £250K

Just looking at the BBC live text on this, there's a lot of ellipsis use after mentioning we'll not be stripped of titles.

Also found this entry interesting at 11:02:

SFA registration rules state that payments received by a player solely relating to his playing activities must be fully recorded and declared.

If that does not happen, the player has been improperly registered and the norm then is for the player's team to forfeit any match in which he has participated.

Rangers won the SPL four times in the EBT period in question, in 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2010.

However, the club won't be stripped of any titles...

I was under the impression that the EBT's /had/ been declared, we're included in the official accounts etc submitted to the SPL, surely the BBC aren't trying to force something else onto the agenda here?

We are guilty, according to them. Of fielding ineligible players as we didn't follow the rules of registering ALL payments related to playing activities.

So what we we really should have done is pay them AFTER they leave?

I.e the "Juninho clause".

I agree. I've seen a number of Them now say they won't put another penny in to scottish football, so I expect Celtic to report a record attendance this week ;)

Just looking at the BBC live text on this, there's a lot of ellipsis use after mentioning we'll not be stripped of titles.

Also found this entry interesting at 11:02:

SFA registration rules state that payments received by a player solely relating to his playing activities must be fully recorded and declared.

If that does not happen, the player has been improperly registered and the norm then is for the player's team to forfeit any match in which he has participated.

Rangers won the SPL four times in the EBT period in question, in 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2010.

However, the club won't be stripped of any titles...

I was under the impression that the EBT's /had/ been declared, we're included in the official accounts etc submitted to the SPL, surely the BBC aren't trying to force something else onto the agenda here?

BBC Scotland forcing an agenda...? Never.....

Only thing Celtic paid after Juninho left was the tax due on his EBT, when HMRC asked them. Juninho's EBT payments never appeared on any of Celtics paperwork.

Maybe we wait for the full report and verdict. No need to speculate on things that will be out in the open in 40 odd minutes.

(By the looks of it, they based it on the Kachloul Livingston affair?)

Did Livi receive a £15k fine for that?