Crime & Punishment....

What was the transfer embargo originally for???

IMHO, the simplest thing would have been:

- docked 10 points for administration

- docked 100 points for failing to exit admin via CVA. This would have seen us relegated to DIV 1

Job done. No bad blood etc

we went into admin because of tax evasion. you cant ignore that. uefa and i thing the sfa have very specific rules about that.

It wasn't "Evasion"....Whyte just simply didn't pay it. I believe this is a common tactic used in business when a company has cash flow issues, and something HMRC are actively trying to crack down on. I think normally companies would maybe do it for a couple of months in order to sort out their cash flow. The big concern was that HMRC let Whyte carry on doing it for so long before they took any action.

that kind of rationale would be fine if we had fallen into admin through no fault of our own with our quarterly vat bill outstanding.

we deliberately didnt pay tax to the tune of 20 million ish to force admin.

that cant go unpunished. no footballing authority would leave it unpunished nor should they.

What was the transfer embargo originally for???

IMHO, the simplest thing would have been:

- docked 10 points for administration

- docked 100 points for failing to exit admin via CVA. This would have seen us relegated to DIV 1

Job done. No bad blood etc

i suspect they wish they had done that.

we went into admin because of tax evasion. you cant ignore that. uefa and i thing the sfa have very specific rules about that.

Tax evasion means that you are trying illegally escape tax that is due. I don't believe that there was ever any question that the cash wasn't due (other than perhaps on the STC which is a separate issue). It just wasn't paid. A totally different thing.

I'm sure virtually every administration has an element of HMRC being owed cash. Motherwell certainly did whe they went into administration. I don't recall them being hit with a transfer ban.

If you want to raise the issue of illegal trading then the law is very clear on that, and it is the directors that are soley responsible and should be taken to court but this also hasn't happened a year on.

I repeat what I said. Administration means that you can't pay your debts. You can't just make up rules that say that because it's HMRC you get a bigger punishment or apply one rule for Rangers because it's them and another rule for everyone else.

that kind of rationale would be fine if we had fallen into admin through no fault of our own with our quarterly vat bill outstanding.

we deliberately didnt pay tax to the tune of 20 million ish to force admin.

that cant go unpunished. no footballing authority would leave it unpunished nor should they.

So if we hadn't paid someone else and had paid HMRC but still owed the same amount of cash in total then we would not have had a transfer ban? Is that really what you're trying to argue?

You are Stewart Regan and I claim my £5.

In any other country there would be a public enquiry into the whole saga. No other country in the world would let an institution like ours go down. If Man Utd, Barcelona, AC Milan etc had went under like this the Government of that country would be demanding answers.

The question is ... Rangers FC and Scotland are part of Britain, there sure is no "HMRC Scotalnd". So why do people who can did not take this to British rather than Scottish authorities? Take this up to e.g. the Ministry/-er of Sport, Finance and Justice? One of the more frustrating aspects of the whole affair is the inactivity shown by the mass of the Bears, who watched on and on and on. Like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. Why MPs up and down the country - a few of which must be Bluenoses themselves - did not take the issue further is utterly beyond me too.

Edited by der Berliner

So if we hadn't paid someone else and had paid HMRC but still owed the same amount of cash in total then we would not have had a transfer ban? Is that really what you're trying to argue?

You are Stewart Regan and I claim my £5.

quite possibly. its the footballing authority rules Europe wide after all.

I'm prepared to downgrade my tax evasion to systematic and deliberate non payment of tax.