We wonâ??t follow Rangers

RANGERS fans have threatened to boycott ALL away games next season if SFL clubs back Scottish footballâ??s 12-12-18 plan.

Scotlandâ??s lower league clubs are poised to vote on league reconstruction.

Gers are furious as that would leave them in Scottish footballâ??s bottom tier next season.

And Rangers Supporters Assembly chief Andy Kerr said: â??If it went through there would be no credibility left. Without a call to supporters I think they would naturally stay away.

â??The only thing that is pushing this is short-sighted finance.

â??The top 12 clubs are happy because nothing is changing.

â??The teams below them are happy because they are getting a bigger share, while those 17 clubs left along with Rangers are happy. They are rubbing their hands at the thought of the gate money.

â??If it comes to pass, I donâ??t think weâ??d need to make the call. The majority of supporters would question the point of it.

â??While we want to support our team, serious questions would have to be asked.

â??I think thereâ??s a huge risk Rangers fans will simply say â??enough is enoughâ??.

â??All fans are fickle, you just need to look around elsewhere at the moment to see that. I donâ??t think anyone could argue if some fans step away.

If that happens, it will have a devastating impact on the rest of Scottish football.

â??The wrong outcome could literally destroy whatâ??s left of Scottish football. This would be the hammer blow.

â??We are trying to work our way back while others are attempting to hold us back and drag us down.

â??I donâ??t believe our fans would stand for it, and nor should they.

â??Itâ??s been an adventure this year.

â??But the thought of having to go through all that again, having won the league and not been promoted, would have a very negative affect among our supporters.

â??Sporting integrity has been bandied about all over the place.

â??Well, I certainly canâ??t remember a team winning the league and not gaining promotion.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4840808/We-wont-follow-Rangers.html#ixzz2NV7WSJpp

Once again, misleading headline from the media. Nowhere does Andy Kerr call for a boycott, he is saying that a natural consequence of Rangers not being promoted would be fans losing interest and drifting away from the game. But obviously, it is more eye catching to suggest that Rangers fans will extend a boycott!

I think Andy has made some fair points but he's perhaps a bit premature in his comments about more wide-ranging boycotts.

Disagree. The fans should be raising the threat now rather than waiting until it's too late. The SFL teams should realise that there are a number of Rangers supporters who will not visit their grounds next season if they vote for reconstruction in this ridiculous timescale. Thye should factor in the financial implications of a yes vote before they make up their minds.

We should have more fans' organisations shouting about this, rather than sitting back and doing nothing constructive.

On a sidenote, while a boycott of bigger stadiums and SPL sides may hurt them, I can still envisage a few hundred Bears taking the opportunity - boycott of not - to see their heroes again in Stirling, Annan or Berwick. And these few hundreds will still be x-times more away support than what usually happens by in these places.

Boycotts, give me strength Rangers can't do boycotts too many uber fans.

A threat is only any good if you can back it up and we obviously can't, also take it Andy doesn't do irony talking about boycotts when his right hand man doesn't believe in them. He must be one of those uber fans.

And why are the Assembly even still going, a Murray tool that's had it's time if it was ever needed in the first place.

On a sidenote, while a boycott of bigger stadiums and SPL sides may hurt them, I can still envisage a few hundred Bears taking the opportunity - boycott of not - to see their heroes again in Stirling, Annan or Berwick. And these few hundreds will still be x-times more away support than what usually happens by in these places.

But for some teams, that few hundred may be a lot less than the few thousand that they would otherwise get next season.

It's not something that will totally work but it's good that it's been floated and it allows us to at least discuss the possibility of it. It doesn't have to be a 100% success to hit these clubs in their pockets and we don't need all the SFL clubs to vote against it. It my just be the incentive that a few need if they are unsure which way to go.

Boycotts weren't mentioned....

The comment was made that should the 12-12-18 plans go through & we are still in the bottom tier, many fans will naturally chose to stay away.

Rangers Supporters Assembly chief Andy Kerr said: â??If it went through there would be no credibility left. Without a call to supporters I think they would naturally stay away.