We wonâ??t follow Rangers

Well if you tell folk we aren't going to watch the same shit again next season and won't go to the games if its the same teams, its a boycott by any other name.

But if you don't call it a boycott then the ones that turn up don't get called scabs, maybe he's covering his pal Blythe's arse on this one.

The novelty has already worn off for many as witnessed by the recent crowds at Ibrox.

The same old shit next season and it will be brutal in the financial sense with RFC suffering most which in all probability is Lieswell's game though his comrades in hatred are still too consumed by their bloodlust to see it.

Leggat: Friday 15/03/2013

WILL somebody please tell me who it is Andy Kerr thinks it is he represents?

And does he still have his sidekick Ross Blyth acting as his vice president of the so called Rangers Supporters Assembly?

I ask the questions because Kerr, the president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, a totally discredited organisation which has not met for over a year now, broke cover this week to claim to speak for Ibrox fans by calling for a boycott of away games next season if the proposed 12-12-18 blueprint goes through and Rangers stay stuck in the lowest tier.

And I pose the question because it would appear that there is no appetite among Rangers fans to take such a stand. No desire among rank and file fans to deliberately set out to damage 17 of the Scottish Football League clubs who voted to give Rangers a home when the bigots of the Neil Doncaster-Peter Lawwell Scottish Premier League went on their bloodlust rampage.

The editor-in-chief of Rangers Media, Lindsay Herron, Tweeted the question and the response was a resounding, no. Rangers supporters have no wish to take such action. The sort of action which would only prove to be self defeating in Rangers campaign to win new friends during the journey back to the top flight, whatever it may be called when Rangers get back there.

But, then again, how can Andy Kerr be expected to know what’s going on among Rangers fans, be they members of his discredited Assembly or not?

For a start, Kerr lives in England, a couple of hundred miles away from Glasgow, the Assembly has now gone more than a year since it last met and nobody knows whether or not Ross Blyth’s offer to resign as vice president, after he was caught sneakily breaking the boycott, a boycott he had publicly endorsed and promised to adhere to in an interview with Odious Creep, against Dundee United, has been accepted by Kerr.

Did not-so-handy Andy really think that was all water under the bridge? That it has all conveniently been forgotten and that it is now safe for him to break cover and start speaking on behalf of Rangers fans?

The fact is that the real anger, the forment of fury of Rangers supporters, remains directed at those clubs who were in the Scottish Premier League and who campaigned against them last year.

Those clubs include the now financially stricken Dunfermline and I was given a sharp reminder and a stern rebuke from Rangers supporters when I suggested that Rangers should make some sort of gesture towards helping Dunfermline survive.

The ranting of John Yorkston during that time was thrown back in his face and Rangers supporters made it clear that they thought my idea was a wrong ‘un.

However, such was the lucid and sane reaction to what I wrote, that I have taken note of it and paused for a rethink and I can certainly understand the bitterness which continues to exist regarding Dunfermline’s very public anti Rangers line last summer.

Therefore I am perfectly happy to accept the Dunfermline are one of the clubs which fall into the Hell Mend Them category of my old Presbyterian granny’s adherence to the Old Testament.

As I have said before, if you agree with everything I say, see a doctor. But if you agree with nothing I say, see the Celtic.

It is the Scottish Premier League's shame that Rangers supporters are getting ready to dance on the grave of Dunfermline if the Fifers go bust.

As for the totally discredited Rangers Supporters Assembly and the call for a boycott against Scottish Football League clubs next season made by Assembly president, Andy Kerr?

If Ross Blyth ‘offered’ his resignation to Andy Kerr after being caught sneaking into Tannadice, just who is it that Andy Kerr would hand in his Presidential seal to?

For it is time he did just that.

Leggo continuing the Boycott theme....

And Rangers Supporters Assembly chief Andy Kerr said: “If it went through there would be no credibility left. Without a call to supporters I think they would naturally stay away.

“The only thing that is pushing this is short-sighted finance.

“The top 12 clubs are happy because nothing is changing.

“The teams below them are happy because they are getting a bigger share, while those 17 clubs left along with Rangers are happy. They are rubbing their hands at the thought of the gate money.

“If it comes to pass, I don’t think we’d need to make the call. The majority of supporters would question the point of it.

“While we want to support our team, serious questions would have to be asked.

“I think there’s a huge risk Rangers fans will simply say ‘enough is enough’.

“All fans are fickle, you just need to look around elsewhere at the moment to see that. I don’t think anyone could argue if some fans step away.

The original comments from post 1 - simply suggesting that should we be in the bottom tier again, many fans will naturally choose to not go to away games (been there, done that etc - where does it call for a boycott???

A boycott is something formal (in a sense) and organised, aimed at making a point or producing a change, people deciding they can't be bothered watching the same crap as last year and not going to away games isn't a boycott. I stopped going to away games years ago- I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, the time involved, the travelling, the over zealous stewarding and policing,the bile from the opposition support. That's not a boycott, its not aimed at making a point or achieving an aim, it's simply that I don't enjoy away games and so I don't go.