Loyalty Needs to Work Both Ways

Win at all costs is the mentality of a glory hunter when winning is all that matters. A football fan mentality wants to see flowing attacking football from both teams the way it was meant to be played win or lose its the spectacle that counts. Playing for Rangers should be all the motivation required.

Alex Ferguson had a proven track record both domestically and in Europe before he went to Man U it is not a fair or accurate comparison to use for this situation. Ally does not have a good track record as a manager.

If you only focus on the negatives his track record is poor. The same could be said for any manager.

If you only focus on the positives his track record is excellent. The same couldn't be said for any manager.

If you look at it objectively his track record [might be] decent with room for improvement and I agree with the OP that Ally should be given time.

Edited by UCF2008
I am not the voice of objectivity

If you only focus on the negatives his track record is poor. The same could be said for any manager.

If you only focus on the positives his track record is excellent. The same couldn't be said for any manager.

If you look at it objectively his track record [might be] decent with room for improvement and I agree with the OP that Ally should be given time.

Alright Ally how's things going tonight is it snowing where you are. :thup:

Apologies in advance as I'm usually more polite than I'm about to be but the first two posts on this thread are complete patronising pish!

I've been watching Rangers for nearly 40 years now and I've never seen a team so lacking in simple organisation, motivation and commitment. Any manager other than somebody with Ally's Rangers credentials would have been hunted from the club long ago. You can quote any number of mitigating factors you want but ask yourself this simple question: "is there a single other player in any of the other division 3 sides which you would take into our team?" I cant think of any myself and I've watched just about every minute of every game this season. Against such dross should we not expect our team to not only be of higher ability but also a little better organised, better set-up tactically and at least similarly committed? If Ally can't get that from the squad of players he has at his disposal then he has to go, legend or not. The longer the process of him moving on takes the worse the situation will become.

I agree with some things you say regarding Ally's Managerial Skills, the reality is Ally is going to be in charge next season whether you or i like it or not......now you have a choice you can get behind the Manager and Support him or don't bother turning up for the games.... Ally stood by the club ( which has got him the job under new owners CG ) if he hadn't been there standing up for the club he wouldn't have got the job, he could have also thought fuck this i am outa ere i don't need all the hassle...he has aged in 18 months with stress you can see it....now unless you have a personal agenda against McCoist i feel he has to get it right next season , no more excuses, he will be under more pressure to deliver a product on the park and if he doesn't and fans start not turning up for games due to watching pish Ally will be gone no if'd or but's.....while he is still here he deserves our support.

He's had plenty time. He's been manager almost 2 seasons now. His record prior to administration last season wasn't great i.e going out of 4 cups and blowing a decent lead in the SPL. This season hasn't been great either. Even allowing for the players we lost it's been poor to watch mostly and been put out of 3 cups, twice at home. I genuinely believe a better manager would have got more out of the current squad. For me we need a change at the end of the season. Football can be cruel and Ally will always be remembered as one of the all time Rangers greats but just didn't cut it as manager I'm afraid to say

He's had plenty time. He's been manager almost 2 seasons now. His record prior to administration last season wasn't great i.e going out of 4 cups and blowing a decent lead in the SPL. This season hasn't been great either. Even allowing for the players we lost it's been poor to watch mostly and been put out of 3 cups, twice at home. I genuinely believe a better manager would have got more out of the current squad. For me we need a change at the end of the season. Football can be cruel and Ally will always be remembered as one of the all time Rangers greats but just didn't cut it as manager I'm afraid to say

Like I said - If you focus on the negatives....

If you looked at it as - Docked ten points and still comfortably win 2nd place in SPL despite the turmoil of administration and as a result having a team of players who were clearly desperate to leave. Be a central figure in holding the club and support together during it's darkest hours. Have no pre-season and have to build a whole team in less than a month with next to no transfer kitty and without being able to tell players what league they'd be playing in until mid July. Comfortably (at least in terms of points on the board) win the league title at first time of asking with aforementioned patch-up job of a squad.

...Doesn't look so bad then does it?

Like I said - If you focus on the negatives....

If you looked at it as - Docked ten points and still comfortably win 2nd place in SPL despite the turmoil of administration and as a result having a team of players who were clearly desperate to leave. Be a central figure in holding the club and support together during it's darkest hours. Have no pre-season and have to build a whole team in less than a month with next to no transfer kitty and without being able to tell players what league they'd be playing in until mid July. Comfortably (at least in terms of points on the board) win the league title at first time of asking with aforementioned patch-up job of a squad.

...Doesn't look so bad then does it?

look m8 I fully understand where you're coming from regards Ally. No one wanted him to succeed more than me but it just hasn't worked. It would be a massive risk IMO to allow him to bring in players during the summer and it doesn't work leaving a new manager coming in to try and fix something which many would say was obvious from the start.

I know he was a magnificent ambassador for the club during its darkest hours and we should all remember him for that.

But things have moved on now and the club is in a much better place financially and will fully recover sooner rather than later. The only part which hasn't recovered is the product on the park & that will be CG's biggest decision he'll need to take this summer. Sadly for Ally I think a change would be best for Rangers and no one person is bigger than the club.

look m8 I fully understand where you're coming from regards Ally. No one wanted him to succeed more than me but it just hasn't worked. It would be a massive risk IMO to allow him to bring in players during the summer and it doesn't work leaving a new manager coming in to try and fix something which many would say was obvious from the start.

I know he was a magnificent ambassador for the club during its darkest hours and we should all remember him for that.

But things have moved on now and the club is in a much better place financially and will fully recover sooner rather than later. The only part which hasn't recovered is the product on the park & that will be CG's biggest decision he'll need to take this summer. Sadly for Ally I think a change would be best for Rangers and no one person is bigger than the club.

The product on the park isn't good enough. I know that. You know that. Ally knows that. Everyone does. I expected the football to be this bad given the cicumstances. Obviously a lot of fans didn't. The point is that Ally hasn't been given ANY opportunity to build a team. Giving him that opportunity is no more of a risk than bringing in a new manager. The difference is that he deserves to be given the opportunity.

now unless you have a personal agenda against McCoist.

Where do you get the impression that I would have that? I watched and enjoyed Ally's entire career, I reckon I saw about 90% of his Rangers goals live because I was an every week home and away man in those days. He was and remains a huge hero. The problem is he hasn't shown a single sign of having any football management skill whatsoever, not a single one. The football is absolutely dire and his players are evidently not trying for him. Anybody else would have been sacked long ago. Do we give him another year out of blind loyalty and hope or do we do the hard, but correct thing? Success in any business is often about making the hard but correct decision. I'm afraid blind loyalty will, in this case, take us to a bad place. I don't think it's by any means certain he won't be sacked at the end of the season incidentally. Another few performances like the last few weeks will push the support over the edge in my opnion.

Oh and by the way, dont try to tell me to not turn up to games if I can't get behind the manager. Who on earth do you think you are? I support Rangers and I expect certain standards of professionalism and commitment from my team. They have fallen far below those standards this year and whether you like it or not the manager is culpable for that. I'll be in my season ticket seat long after Ally's reign as manager is over. I will reserve my right to complain if the product on the pitch continues to be pish thanks very much.