Loyalty Needs to Work Both Ways

In 2 seasons how much money has Ally spent?

You think he needed a 7mill wage budget to get out of Div3?

You think he needs another 4/5 SPL players in for next season raising the wage bill further?

Would you seriously give him 10mill to spend in Jan?

What is getting it right and failure though? Because if its another season like this one no matter if we win whatever league we find ourselves in then for me that's a failure, because he won't have moved the team forward in fact it could be argued he will have moved them backwards.

We will then find ourselves one step closer to the top league with a team that hasn't a hope in Hell of competing in that league, and if your going to tell me we will buy better players when we get there, we might as well just shut the doors and turn off the lights because we will have learned nothing from the shambles we found ourselves in last summer because of that same approach.

I am looking for a product of football on the park that excites me the last time i seen good football was under Souness, Smith 9 in a row and Advocaat, if i see at start of season we are playing a passing game with width attacking football i will see Ally has changed his philosophy. If we play route one football which is dire with one aim to get 3 points a lot of people will not be happy and Ally's position will become teneble because seats will be empty at ibrox and CG will not like that if he see's he is losing money...

I don't see Ally getting much money tbh i see players coming in who are out of contract so it's just wages we spending, he has this squad to september 1st , he will have players signed on pre-contracts in summer, he will have had a full pre-season to focus on season ahead, there will be no more excuses he has to deliver...

Pretty much in agreement then mate, although I would argue the wage deals he is going to be throwing about in the summer for middle of the road SPL players will be excessive.

You think he needs another 4/5 SPL players in for next season raising the wage bill further?

You mean he should have stopped the contracts of Alexander, McCulloch, Wallace and Co. and told them to find new clubs after they switched companies? Green should have sacked half the staff too? To save wages and because we think Third Division-like? Sometimes some statements make you wonder.

You mean he should have stopped the contracts of Alexander, McCulloch, Wallace and Co. and told them to find new clubs after they switched companies? Green should have sacked half the staff too? To save wages and because we think Third Division-like? Sometimes some statements make you wonder.

The ones you where stuck with and would've leave or take a wage cut there's not much you can do about. But you think it was the best use of money bringing in guys on 7/8k a week to win Div3?

Sometimes you wonder if any of us actually lived through last year but still want us to piss money up the wall when the need wasn't there.

Hope this waste of money doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

The fact you think spending 7mill on players wages to win the worst league in the country is ok is actually staggering.

How many of our players get these 7k? Templeton, Black, Shiels ... while I assume that Wallace, McCulloch, and Alexander kept their contracts? Add to that Sandaza perhaps ... while the rest is sure not getting anwhere near that. And obviously, the pendulum swings both ways. You want a certain quality of players signing up for a fourth tier team, you have to give them some incentive (apart from playing for the greatest team this side of Saturn's rings). Maybe I am wrong, but we've probably the same income that we had last season, yet nigh all of the player receive less then a third of what most of our first team players got last season. So I doubt one can sensibly argue that we've not learned from season's past. For a club of our stature (business-wise), we certainly don't throw our money about like in times gone by. (And no, I do not start to argue about the quality we've signed and whether it is worth as much as they get. When the contracts were signed, most were happy about the players we've got.)

How many of our players get these 7k? Templeton, Black, Shiels ... while I assume that Wallace, McCulloch, and Alexander kept their contracts? Add to that Sandaza perhaps ... while the rest is sure not getting anwhere near that. And obviously, the pendulum swings both ways. You want a certain quality of players signing up for a fourth tier team, you have to give them some incentive (apart from playing for the greatest team this side of Saturn's rings). Maybe I am wrong, but we've probably the same income that we had last season, yet nigh all of the player receive less then a third of what most of our first team players got last season. So I doubt one can sensibly argue that we've not learned from season's past. For a club of our stature (business-wise), we certainly don't throw our money about like in times gone by. (And no, I do not start to argue about the quality we've signed and whether it is worth as much as they get. When the contracts were signed, most were happy about the players we've got.)

I give up, well just do it your way. Over spend for the challenge in front of us and back to admin in 10/20 years thats a great plan.

Maybe Ally wasn't so sure he could win this league on even half that budget? Is that why he's talking about increasing the wage bill in the summer maybe he's craping himself even more about next year.

is that not the entire clubs wage bill

I give up, well just do it your way. Over spend for the challenge in front of us and back to admin in 10/20 years thats a great plan.

Maybe Ally wasn't so sure he could win this league on even half that budget? Is that why he's talking about increasing the wage bill in the summer maybe he's craping himself even more about next year.

GA, many of the players were already at the club when we were demoted to Division 3 and were on SPL contracts. We also lost pretty much a full team.

Who did we bring in - Cribari, Sandaza, Black, Shiels, Kyle, Faure, Argyriou, Templeton - any others I am missing ?

Given we had lost pretty much a full team we needed replacements. If you take the above out we have very little experience left in the squad and would be relying on the kids. And it is all very well to say "then rely on the kids, they will do fine" but the reality is that we had no idea how they would cope playing for Rangers first team. Add to that the fact that we as a support are very impatient and it is easy to see why McCoist went with experience.

Were there not rumours that Argyriou & Faure were forced upon McCoist (could be wrong....) but when you look at the others, they were in the SPL and were probably their respective teams best players - I suspect that McCoist felt that we would get back to the SPL reasonably swiftly thanks to reconstruction so wanted dependable players at reasonable wages for doing so (reasonable when considering what players who left were getting).

What also needs to be taken into consideration is that you cant just say "we want to sign you Temps but we will wait till we are back in the SPL and then sign you and give you SPL wages". It isnt just about spending SFL3 wages - you also have to consider whether you WANT the player (we ALL were ecstatc at getting Templeton) and if you WANT the player you sometimes have to just go for it - when we get back to the SPL Templeton wouldnt have been available to us, he would have been elsewhere.

You are arguing a very simplistic point in that we dont need a wage budget of 7 mill to win SFL3 - which is fair enough. However, there are other factors at play other than just the 7 mill "magic number".

We can pretty much all agree about the standard on the pitch - and we also are suggesting we would buy into a "philosophy".... and if you look at players such as Shiels & Templeton (and even to a lesser extent Sandaza) - they are players who, on their day, can be exciting footballers. Maybe, just maybe, McCoist DOES buy into an attacking philosophy given he purchased those types of players - but the players arent performing as they should and McCoist himself is getting bogged down in "3 points at all costs" mentality instead of demanding flowing football and let the results take care of themselves, which they eventually would do if you move the ball at pace and show some movement.

The wage bill isnt the biggest issue we have. If we simply sign players to replace current ones without properly evaluating WHY current players are under-performing then it will be cause for great concern.

By the way, you dont honestly believe Green is going to give McCoist 10 mill to spend do you ? No way is that happening.

GA, many of the players were already at the club when we were demoted to Division 3 and were on SPL contracts. We also lost pretty much a full team.

Who did we bring in - Cribari, Sandaza, Black, Shiels, Kyle, Faure, Argyriou, Templeton - any others I am missing ?

Given we had lost pretty much a full team we needed replacements. If you take the above out we have very little experience left in the squad and would be relying on the kids. And it is all very well to say "then rely on the kids, they will do fine" but the reality is that we had no idea how they would cope playing for Rangers first team. Add to that the fact that we as a support are very impatient and it is easy to see why McCoist went with experience.

Were there not rumours that Argyriou & Faure were forced upon McCoist (could be wrong....) but when you look at the others, they were in the SPL and were probably their respective teams best players - I suspect that McCoist felt that we would get back to the SPL reasonably swiftly thanks to reconstruction so wanted dependable players at reasonable wages for doing so (reasonable when considering what players who left were getting).

What also needs to be taken into consideration is that you cant just say "we want to sign you Temps but we will wait till we are back in the SPL and then sign you and give you SPL wages". It isnt just about spending SFL3 wages - you also have to consider whether you WANT the player (we ALL were ecstatc at getting Templeton) and if you WANT the player you sometimes have to just go for it - when we get back to the SPL Templeton wouldnt have been available to us, he would have been elsewhere.

You are arguing a very simplistic point in that we dont need a wage budget of 7 mill to win SFL3 - which is fair enough. However, there are other factors at play other than just the 7 mill "magic number".

We can pretty much all agree about the standard on the pitch - and we also are suggesting we would buy into a "philosophy".... and if you look at players such as Shiels & Templeton (and even to a lesser extent Sandaza) - they are players who, on their day, can be exciting footballers. Maybe, just maybe, McCoist DOES buy into an attacking philosophy given he purchased those types of players - but the players arent performing as they should and McCoist himself is getting bogged down in "3 points at all costs" mentality instead of demanding flowing football and let the results take care of themselves, which they eventually would do if you move the ball at pace and show some movement.

The wage bill isnt the biggest issue we have. If we simply sign players to replace current ones without properly evaluating WHY current players are under-performing then it will be cause for great concern.

By the way, you dont honestly believe Green is going to give McCoist 10 mill to spend do you ? No way is that happening.

Amongst the many Charles Green conspiracies, although the reality is McCoist saw them on trial and decided to hand them contracts.