70af693743df7ee9a48d4f66d86fe2ce_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST was frustrated after seeing his Rangers team fail to break down Stirling and admits his men were â??miles shortâ?? of the standards he expects them to reach.

The Light Blues had plenty of the ball against the Binos and had a few chances to score but Albionâ??s opportunities were arguably more clear cut and they could have won themselves.

That made for another angry reaction from supporters at the final whistle as referee Craig Thomson called time on the second 0-0 draw of the season.

Gers did have a young team playing including seven players aged 22 or under, three of whom were playing under-19 football last term.

Regardless, the manager feels his side should have been good enough to collect all three points and was disappointed it didnâ??t.

McCoist said: â??I thought it was a disappointing 90 minutes for everybody, to be honest. Anybody who was watching it will agree it wasnâ??t a good game at all.

â??From our point of view, we had our best chances to score in the early period of the game. Kane (Hemmings) had a couple and Lee (McCulloch) did too.

â??After that, it was just a frustrating 90 minutes. There was an option where we could have moved Lee up front as heâ??s probably the only centre-forward we have on our books.

â??But with the greatest of respect, he has made the defence look a bit more solid in the last couple of games and thatâ??s a positive, something I always look for.

â??In terms of creating and taking chances, we were miles short of where we want to be this afternoon.â?

Despite todayâ??s result, Gers are still possibly just one win from taking the title and that could happen at Montrose next week if Queenâ??s Park then fail to beat Elgin later that day.

McCoist knows his men simply need to get the job done in that respect to ease pressure which is mounting all too rapidly on his side.

He has been hindered by selection problems and that was the case again here but he still appreciates his players should have seen the job through.

McCoist added: â??We just have to get over the line, thatâ??s what we need to do. I said at the start of the season we needed players and Iâ??m not going to change my tune on that.

â??We had seven or eight players out today and that will tell you where we are. Iâ??ll probably go down in history as the only Rangers manager who struggled to fill a bench.

â??Thatâ??s where the club is at the moment.*When you look at our squad, you can see that we are in desperate need of bodies.

"Yesterday we looked at our youth players, not because they deserved an opportunity but because we needed to fill a jersey.

â??We have to overcome that though, get over the line and win the title now. Thatâ??s what we set out to do at the start of the year.

â??Once we have done that, we have to put together a team again which will win the next title, albeit we donâ??t know what one that will be. Nothing has changed.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Personally I don't want to hear from you again Ally until you either say "I'm stepping down to give the Club a chance to find a manager who can move the Club forward" or "That was a fanstastic display, and that is the standard the fans and this Club deserve".

Unfortunately I believe I won't hear the latter from you Ally . I think I will need to hear the former before I hear any manager utter the latter.

Green's going to have a helluva job filling those empty seats next year. Sad times.
The cold weather and being televised would also make a difference. I doubt if there will 20.000 less season tickets sold. i would guess some fans are having a silent protest as well.

When he took Aird off for Argy and didnt move McCulloch upfront even DJ in the commentary was wondering what was going on.

He explained this after the game ... essentially, give Cribari and McCulloch more time in defence as they looked better at set-pieces et al than what we saw in the weeks before. "Better" does not mean good and their lack of understanding showed time and again.

Anyway, tactics were all wrong from the start, with essentially 5 defenders on the park and just one striker up front, who had next to no support whatsoever. To withdraw McKay and later on Aird was bordering on the ridiculous, especially if he could have put Hegarty in McCulloch's place, put the latter up front and Faure on RB. McKay was the only spark we had, Aird rather disappointing. Hence I'd have brought on Mitchell (LW) or Naismith (either wing or inside right/left) instead of Hutton, who was a failure from start to finish. I usually give every player a fresh start with nigh every game, but the amount of poor/back- passing, running into trouble and generally being a non-entity in the place where we had to win the game (a game where he could have claimed the No. 8 jersey again) made up my mind about him. That we had 6 defenders on the park near the end took the biscuit ...

As Aird said earlier, youth is no real excuse. These chaps let themselves an the club down massively and while I was scathing after the shame game at the Scumhut, we actually put on a fight back then. Yesterday I was scathing for rather different reasons and it has been a very very long time since that happened. These players should take a hard look at themselves, no matter where McCoist plays them.

Edited by der Berliner

Starting the game 4-1-4-1 formation at home to Stirling Albion yes fuckin Stirling Albion....playing Faure as a holding midfielder c'mon what the fuck..... The fans patience is running out with Ally's tacticts and no game plan , team shape , urgency.... playing Hemmings up front on his own was criminal he had no support...

Stirling Albion came to Ibrox with a game plan , didn't play 10 men behind the ball they had a go and were unlucky when they attacked us, they are part timers ffs matched us for 90 mins at home...

Ally will be in charge next season and i hope for his sake things improve because if they don't he is going to turn the fans against him much worse than it is now.