Condescending Claptrap

McCoist's side were booed off after being held to a goalless draw by Stirling, affirming Rangers' recent poor form that has seen them win only two of their last five games.

And the manager has warned the young players that they must produce more to meet the demands of the Ibrox fans.

"I've explained to them - that's what it's like being at Rangers," McCoist said. "You just have to find something from somewhere.

"The younger lads, Robbie (Crawford), wee Barrie McKay, Airdy (Fraser Aird), Kyle Hutton, Kane Hemmings and boys like that, for a first season, generally speaking, they have played a lot more games than they would have before.

"They have done okay but they need to progress, they need to keep coming along.

"That was a disappointing performance and result but - do you know something? - it's a point, a hard-earned point which will hopefully help us over the line."

McCoist added: "The people in the stands, we all share their frustration. I can totally understand their frustration and I can't ask for anything more from the stands than they are giving us in terms of support.

"I know more than anybody at this football club what it's like to play here and the level of expectancy.

"That will not change, although there is absolutely no doubt that the team has changed more dramatically in 12 months than it has done in its entire history.

"But the expectancy is still very, very high and I understand that."

Midfielder Crawford, understanding fans' frustration, said: "I totally understand their frustration and we all feel it as well.

"It hurts us just as much and the fans have the right to voice their opinion. They have stuck by us before and we need to do better for them.

"There was a lot of youth and not much experience there but we have all come through the youths together so we should know each other's game and we expect to play better than we did."

Embolden section one - this is a disgraceful comment

Embolden sectioned two - this is simply not true. it is not "very, very high" expectations to expect a modicum of fitness, of passing ability and even an occasional stab at taking a free kick or corner well. Nor is it anything of the sort to expect to see an improvement over a season instead of the same old, dreary lumpen pish. In another interview he reiterates that "training has not changed in 20 years" (it was 30 years last week) - doesn't he understand that might well be the problem?

The terrifying thing is that he thinks he has done well this season and these are just reactions to poor results. He is satisfied with how we have played in most games - hell's teeth he's even hinting he's pleased at this point (as his substitutions during it seemed already to indicate).

Edited by SteveC

"That was a disappointing performance and result but - do you know something? - it's a point, a hard-earned point which will hopefully help us over the line."

Oh dear, Ally no wonder the standards have dropped on the pitch no team fears playing us.

"

Oh dear, Ally no wonder the standards have dropped on the pitch no team fears playing us.

Teams in the bottom tier of Scottish football should come to Ibrox fearing an absolute drubbing.....instead they are fancying their chances - can The management team not see that???

Embolden sectioned two - this is simply not true. it is not "very, very high" expectations to expect a modicum of fitness, of passing ability and even an occasional stab at taking a free kick or corner well. Nor is it anything of the sort to expect to see an improvement over a season instead of the same old, dreary lumpen pish. In another interview he reiterates that "training has not changed in 20 years" (it was 30 years last week) - doesn't he understand that might well be the problem?

The terrifying thing is that he thinks he has done well this season and these are just reactions to poor results. He is satisfied with how we have played in most games - hell's teeth he's even hinting he's pleased at this point (as his substitutions during it seemed already to indicate).

Agreed, spot on. I think the majority of fans realise what the situation was at the start of the season. The expectations are to see a style of football being implemented throughout the squad for the future. Nobody thought we'd go on and win the league cup or Scottish cup, even when we played the SPL teams in the cups everyone seemed to have a sense of realisation after defeat by Caley and Dundee Utd and we were fine with it so long as improvement was in the pipeline. Its not!

There was little or no excuse for deploying 4-5-1 formations whilst we were in the SPL, adopting this formation in SFL 3 is inexcusable. With all due respect to our opponents, we should be far superior in fitness, skill, speed, tactics, footballing ability. However, in reality we are not. This should be ringing alarm bells.

It appears that the manager can not get the best out of the squad he has at his disposal. We all understand the mitigating circumstances surrounding the team / club at the start of the season but the least we should expect is a team that plays decent football and demonstrates an ongoing improvement - we see neither.

If the manager can not deliver this then maybe, just may be it is time that he was removed and replaced. However I believe that ally will remain in charge until next season (at least), and we will have to suffer the same tactics (sic), woeful performances etc for a while yet.

One of the problems we need to understand is that the youngsters who have come into the first team this season aren't as good as we think. From those we've seen I'd say only McKay & McLeod have a chance of being here for the longterm.

Expectation too high?

Here Alistair, I'll tell you what our expectation is. It's not that we'll stroll about the park at walking pace, struggling to control the ball and passing to the nearest man whether or not he's got a Rangers jersey on or not. It's not playing 4-5-1 and lumping the ball up to the solo striker. It's not playing the best finisher at the club (Andy Little) on the wing and it's certainly not being out played by a bunch of kids, brickies, postmen and students in front of 40,000 at Ibrox.

Our expectation is that by March we'd be able to see some semblance of an effective footballing system that reflects the calibre of player that we have in the squad and which reflects the wage bill.