Next Rangers manager betting - interesting

Guest AVB

my shout would be for the two Jimmies. Calderwood has experience and success at every level in Scotland; he's a thinker as well as a man manager and he's a bluenose.

That may not be a bad shout, but I definitely want Arthur Numan in there after the brilliant job he did with the Dutch under 21s. I can tell you for a fact that he was gutted that Rangers never offered him anything before that. He would walk over glass to get a position.

Ive always thought Kevin Keegan would be an interesting pick. At least 4-5-1 would be binned.

Going English or foreign would be appealing. Bobby Di Matteo would be a good shout if he doesnt get a job down south soon.

I'd like to see Arthur Numan and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst as a duo in charge of Rangers but sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon

If Ally is to be replaced we'll end up with someone like Jim Jeffries or Kenny Shiels to try get us up through the divisions imho

I'd like to see Arthur Numan and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst as a duo in charge of Rangers but sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon

If Ally is to be replaced we'll end up with someone like Jim Jeffries or Kenny Shiels to try get us up through the divisions imho

Kenny Shiels may not be a bad shout....at least he may get his boy playing better!!!

Keegan? Only if Dacid Icke and Yuri Geller turn it down.

di Matteo? Got the boot from the Albion. Did ok at Chelsea but look at the talent at his disposal and they had a huge heap of luck.

Calderwood knows the business and he'd be cheap.

Keegan? Only if Dacid Icke and Yuri Geller turn it down.

di Matteo? Got the boot from the Albion. Did ok at Chelsea but look at the talent at his disposal and they had a huge heap of luck.

Calderwood knows the business and he'd be cheap.

No to Keegan and a Champions league winner but yes to Calderwood :roflmao:

Id put David Icke in goal if he's available! As well as being a man who talks sense he was a decent keeper.

Guest Bazaar
my shout would be for the two Jimmies. Calderwood has experience and success at every level in Scotland; he's a thinker as well as a man manager and he's a bluenose.
That may not be a bad shout, but I definitely want Arthur Numan in there after the brilliant job he did with the Dutch under 21s. I can tell you for a fact that he was gutted that Rangers never offered him anything before that. He would walk over glass to get a position.

I not one for all the stories about I knew him and he said that and reliable sources etc so you'll just have to take it as gospel that this is the truth. But I knew Jimmy quite well around 1999/2000 onwards to the point that we shared a beer probably at least once a week - I have not seen nor spoken with him now for many years. Whilst he never actually said that David Murray paid for it, he did confirm that Murray played a big part in him moving to Dunfermline from the Netherlands. He was to base himself here, and the promise was that IF Rangers next manager was Scottish then the job was his - but they may opt for a European manager so it was not a guarantee.

Obviously history shows that Alex McLeish got the job so in a sense that's theory is shot to pieces but after the AM announcement he did not turn up for work for many days (around Christmas time 2001) because he was on a huge bender. When I asked him "what happened" then reply was nothing more than "I have been stabbed in the back by someone, I don't know who, but I am gutted". At that point he was virtually certain there was no point hanging around Scotland and was to move abroad again until he had a change of heart and stayed, mainly due to the fact that Dunfermline were back in the top league.

But be very certain he is a died in the wool Rangers fan, from Govan, and Rangers would be his dream job.

I've got no reason to doubt your word mate. In the same way that I know about Numan. One thing I would say is that Jiimmy C's reputation in Scotland isn't great as this country is great at believing in the carricature i.e. the fake tanned, baw scratching, rather then the facts i.e. the Dutch technical guys rated him highly, and he is a good people manager.

A Govan Jimmy (with Dutch training), an Ulster Jimmy (with top level English experience as a player), Arthur Numan (recently turned out the best U-21 Dutch squads in years and a Dutch legend on a World scene). And Brian Laudrup (because..........well he's Brian Laudrup FFS !!!!!).

With those guys in someone tell me we would still produce the stale shit that we are guaranteed to produce as long as our 'stale trio' (gives me no pleasure in sayng that) are still in charge.

Guest Bazaar
I've got no reason to doubt your word mate. In the same way that I know about Numan. One thing I would say is that Jiimmy C's reputation in Scotland isn't great as this country is great at believing in the carricature i.e. the fake tanned, baw scratching, rather then the facts i.e. the Dutch technical guys rated him highly, and he is a good people manager.

A Govan Jimmy (with Dutch training), an Ulster Jimmy (with top level English experience as a player), Arthur Numan (recently turned out the best U-21 Dutch squads in years and a Dutch legend on a World scene). And Brian Laudrup (because..........well he's Brian Laudrup FFS !!!!!).

With those guys in someone tell me we would still produce the stale shit that we are guaranteed to produce as long as our 'stale trio' (gives me no pleasure in sayng that) are still in charge.

I'm with you, but I cannot see why his reputation in Scotland is not good. He finished 4th in spl with Dunfermline, 3rd with Aberdeen (and you can see some of the dung both of those 2 have produced since) helped keep Killie up and did he not win promotion with Ross County?

Pretty astounding in my book