Next Rangers manager betting - interesting

Guest AVB

If we punted Ally to bring in someone like Jimmy Calderwood I'd be f^cking furious.

There's people who used to slag off Jimmy Calderwood for his crap tactics at Aberdeen warming to the idea of replacing Ally with him, which is just ridiculous and shows how selective our memories can be when it suits our agenda.

If we punted Ally to bring in someone like Jimmy Calderwood I'd be f^cking furious.

There's people who used to slag off Jimmy Calderwood for his crap tactics at Aberdeen warming to the idea of replacing Ally with him, which is just ridiculous and shows how selective our memories can be when it suits our agenda.

Id not be mate. And you know my ambitions for Rangers.

Im all for giving a chance like McLeish and McCoist but both were failures, although Id draw the line at Craig Levein, if he goes near Ibrox 300 fans should make sure its to the TV boxes only!! Calderwood is 2 steps ahead of them in management terms and would do better for me.

I seriously wish we'd wake up tomorrow with 2020 ambitions and appoint a quality technical coach for the future.....

That's an outrageous thing to say UFC - by what criteria can Calderwood be called a muppet? Everywhere he's been he has exceeded expectations.

He's the type of character that you could make a spitting image puppet of and even with the best comedy writers it wouldn't be funnier than the genuine article. He's unintentionally hillarious. That's what I mean by calling him a muppet. Would the players be able to take him seriously? Possibly. Would the fans? First bad result and he'd be a laughing stock with no way back.

The point about Calderwood/Jefferies is that they are used to working at lower levels with players of inferior quality. By the time we are back in CL I'd be looking for someone more cerebral, but until then our labourers need a chargehand. In fact they need to do some labouring.