Vanguard Bears - No Third Chances

As I've said many times now on here, I think Ally deserves to be given until he fails to win one of the leagues (on the way back up, that is). I would add though that I don't think it's realistic to expect a title win on our first season back in the premier league, but I would be expecting a top half finish or it's the chop for the manager. Second season? Top 2/3 finish and third season I would be demanding the title win.

Say we only won one of the lower leagues by a point on the last day or something, would you still consider that enough for him to carry on?

Say we only won one of the lower leagues by a point on the last day or something, would you still consider that enough for him to carry on?

Keep dreaming.

I think the circumstances would have to be a hell of a lot more extenuating than they are right now as far as I would be concerned ...or Ally for that matter.

You asked me that before and I'm trying to remember what my reply was. brb

Football is a game of results. We are winning Div. 3, this has become inevitable by now, if we achieve this by playing dirty, ugly, result oriented football, fine. I give this the benefit of doubt after everything that's happened. But by the time we've moved up some leagues, this can't seriously be the style of play we want to implement, results over everything. You can be succesful with this no doubt, look at Chelsea under DiMatteo they won the CL with that. But I seriously think this style of play is not worthy of a team wearing light blue jerseys in the long run and I also think this is all McCoist is capable of as a manager, unfortunately.

I think it's terrible the way so many fans are turning on Ally.

• despite not having had a full season in charge with a squad anywhere near the standard of any other Rangers squad in over 2 decades
  • despite not having had a full season in charge with a notable amount of cash to spend on improving the squad
  • despite not having had a full season in charge without unprecedented circumstances which seriously affect the squad to deal with
  • despite helping to hold the club together when it was on it's knees

....the fans are turning on him in droves because they're not happy with the performances and results almost as though none of the extenuating circumstances ever existed and almost as if it wasn't even Super Ally, but some random manager who isn't even a fan never mind one of THE club legends.

It's breaking my heart because I've got to say, I would be extremely sympathetic to ANY manager that's been working under the circumstances Ally has had to, but this is Ally McCoist we're talking about. Does he deserve to be treated differently because of who he is? In a word... YES and especially given all of the circumstances at the club since he took over from Walter!!!

Something else that's annoying me is that there's a fair number of fans who didn't want Ally taking over from Walter in the first place and since he took over a lot of them have been chip chip chipping away at him at every single opportunity. There's no stopping them, it's like an unstoppable fully laden freight train. The circumstances surrounding the club this season and last season don't matter a jot to them. The fact that it's Super Ally doesn't matter a jot to them. They didn't want him being the manager of Rangers and they'll do anything to get him out. Some of these people even have the audacity to say that they want Ally to succeed when they don't want him to succeed at all. There's people who just want him out and they'll happily see our performances deteriorate with a snowball effect if it means their wish of getting rid of Ally comes true.

I remember a phrase "we deserve better".

Well, Ally McCoist deserves better too.

what's affecting the squad now.

he's had a larger financial gap over his rivals than any manager in history.

probably than any manager ever anywhere.

he's had a larger financial gap over his rivals than any manager in history.

probably than any manager ever anywhere.

Lennon's got about £30m higher wage bill than his rivals. Ours is less than a quarter the difference compared to our rivals.

Lennon's got about £30m higher wage bill than his rivals. Ours is less than a quarter the difference compared to our rivals.

If, as has been well publicised, Rangers have a wage bill of £7m, I cannot imagine that all of the other SFL 3 clubs combined would have a wage bill anywhere close to £1m! No facts to back that up, just guess work on my part.