Neil Murray suspended

[h=3]ALLY McCOIST'S critical summer restructuring of the Rangers squad has been thrown into turmoil by the suspension of his chief scout Neil Murray.[/h]Murray has been suspended on full pay whilst he is the subject of an internal probe ordered by Ibrox chief executive Charles Green.

It is understood the probe centres around e-mails sent to Green regarding transfers conducted by Murray last summer and other as yet unproven allegations that he has continued to work on deals for other clubs as an agent whilst operating as Rangers chief scout.

That sparked Green into telling Murray to stay away from the club in a move that has left McCoist stunned and frustrated at the worst possible time.

08_10_2012---_1701009a.jpgTURMOIL ... Ally McCoist has a big summer of restructure ahead

Gers are in full swing in the operation of trying to tempt players like Dundee United striker Jon Daly to the club for next season with their hurtful transfer embargo set to be lifted on September 1.

The club's assistant-manager Kenny McDowall was last week on a scouting mission for new talent in Honduras in the company of representatives from top football agency BASE Soccer.

McCoist and his staff are desperate to get their signings right as they limp towards the Third Division title and beginning that quest against the backdrop of Murray's suspension is nightmarish timing.

The Gers boss will be questioned on the matter at his Press conference ahead of the possible championship-clinching trip to Montrose tomorrow.

from the sun

Reading the article it has clearly been leaked by someone close to Murray or with sympathy for him. If he's been suspended then employment law really prevents Green and Rangers from commenting on it in anything other than a bland and formal way, choosing to say nothing isn't the worst decision in that case.

Even if Murray had been caught melting down trophies from the blue room he'd still be suspended initially before a formal hearing took place, otherwise the club leave themselves open to potential future litigation if the dismissal didn't follow procedure. So I wouldn't read too much into that side of things either.

As for McCoist he's not quoted and his views are unknown, the article claims he's bemused and standing by his colleague. Perfectly fair seeing as he's not been found to have done anything wrong yet and he probably enjoys a friendly relationship with Murray and known him for years.

Now is it worrying our chief scout has been suspended by the club, yes it is. Do any of us know if he's doing a good, bad or indifferent job, no not really, we've no idea who he suggests only who is signed.

Green seems to be irascible, as such he's going to fall out with people fairly often.

The only thing we can take from this is that someone did speak to the Record. They use quotes, albeit anonymously, but it's very, very unlikely Jackson simply made that up. So someone like an agent, a player or backroom staff or someone close to Murray leaked this. That's a concern and not a good sign.

You're telling me he's not a businessman?

Look as I may I cannot seem to find any evidence that would lead me to conclude that he is, all I seem to find are examples of wealth destruction like Kingsbridge Holdings, Formation Group, Panceltica et al and most worrying of all Sheffield United, but hey feel free to steer me in the direction of examples of his business prowess.