Gray: Iâ??m for SPL2

HAMILTON chairman Les Gray is the man leading the revolt of First Division clubs to join an SPL2.

The Accies chief slammed other SFL clubs for holding them back and promised they WILL be cut adrift.

Gray, raging that SFL clubs want reconstruction put off for a year, said: â??After the SFL clubs met at Hampden on Thursday I was the first man up the stairs to see Neil Doncaster. Iâ??ve no problems admitting that, and eight fellow chairmen followed me up.

â??I also have no qualms admitting when the SPL meet on April 15 I expect to be seeing Neil Doncaster again to request membership of an SPL2 on behalf of my club.

â??I also chaired the little meeting of First Division chairmen after the meeting of SFL clubs ended.

â??Quite frankly, I was irate the chairmen of Annan, Peterhead, East Stirling and the like were dictating how I run my business.

â??The whole point is to protect the second tier of full-time clubs. So many clubs are teetering on the edge of the abyss and Iâ??m just not having it any more.

â??I like to think Iâ??m a pretty logical person. I couldnâ??t get my head round the fact the vote for reconstruction at the last meeting was 28-0 and this weekâ??s was 14-14.

â??It wasnâ??t even a public vote but it wasnâ??t hard to figure out who had voted for what.

â??The vast majority of current Second Division clubs are thinking only of themselves and the prospect of facing Rangers next season.

â??I also believe SFL chief David Longmuir muddied the waters by introducing the prospect of colt teams to the discussions.

â??I can understand the SFL wanting to wait for a year to take sponsors along but the SPL deal is on the table and itâ??s now or never.

â??After Thursdayâ??s meeting, Gordon Dalziel was on the radio complaining that it was all about money.

â??Of course itâ??s about money. I donâ??t deny this is about economics.

â??Hamilton got £50,000 from the SFL for finishing fourth last season. Ross County won the title and got about £63,000. Under a new set-up, if Partick win this seasonâ??s title theyâ??ll get £550,000, if we finish fourth we get £300,000. When you consider play-offs, the potential of four up and four down, a better distribution of wealth and one governing body, can somebody tell me whatâ??s not to like?â?

Gray admits there was a grim irony that one SFL member club couldnâ??t be present on Thursday as they lurched into administration.

He said: â??A fundamental reason for our way of thinking is because of whatâ??s happening to Dunfermline.

â??It would be wonderful to carry on as we are, with teams trying to get out of the divisions theyâ??re in. There wonâ??t be much opportunity for that with clubs going bust.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4866358/Gray-Im-for-SPL2.html#ixzz2OypqXyf2

Putting a new model for the distribution of money in place for next season ISN'T dependent on changing the league structure.

I don't think many people would object to certain aspects of the plan being rushed through, providing the promotion and relegation spots don't get changed mid-season.

Putting a new model for the distribution of money in place for next season ISN'T dependent on changing the league structure.

I don't think many people would object to certain aspects of the plan being rushed through, providing the promotion and relegation spots don't get changed mid-season.

I have said this many times.....why is the financial re-distribution & amalgamation of the ruling bodies dependent on the new league structure (and vice-versa)

Implement the re-distribution ASAP, and get all teams under one umbrella - surely that would make moving forward of the league structure easier....one vote with ALL clubs!!!

The Annan chairman rightly pointed out that this financial-restribution can only happen if the SPL have sufficient funds to release. His reason for seeking a delay is for the process of due diligence to take place. That seems a reasonable position to take.

I have said this many times.....why is the financial re-distribution & amalgamation of the ruling bodies dependent on the new league structure (and vice-versa)

Implement the re-distribution ASAP, and get all teams under one umbrella - surely that would make moving forward of the league structure easier....one vote with ALL clubs!!!

Strikes me that they don't want it to succeed and will cut the SFL off after establishing SPL2. This is going to get nasty.

Doing that would tip the vote massively in favour of the SPL & 1st division clubs though. The SFL having it's own independent votes about all this is the last bastion of fairness and sanity in Scottish football because the SPL clubs outwith you know who vote through anything they're told to vote through. That's how it looks from the outside anyway, although I do think their so-called unanimous decisions are a big fat lie on Doncaster's part. He wants to portray a united league with all the unanimous voting decisions and thinks everyone is dumb enough to believe his bullshit & lies.