Enough To Drive You To Drink

Well, the rejuvenated Rangers didn�t last long as we were back to our bad old ways at Falkirk on Sunday. Serious questions need to be asked as to what direction the club is going in, and whilst the manager and players have a responsibility in this, the buck stops with Mr Murray and surely even his staunchest supports must start to question his desire to take Rangers back to the summit of domestic football and a force to be reckoned with in Europe.

What actually scares me the most is that some Rangers fans don�t realise, or won�t admit just how far behind our bitter rivals (on and off the pitch) we actually are. At a time where they have qualified (with a game to spare) for the knock out stages of the CL, are running away with the domestic title and signing players (Graveson and Vinegar of Castlemilk) we can only dream about, we are watching what could be the worst Rangers team in over a quarter of a century, with little or no sign of improvement. If we are honest, we have been in decline for around 5-6 years, only 2 last day victories (oh how we enjoyed them right enough) saved us from facing a Craptic team going for 6-7 in a row.

They have a Chairman who is actively promoting their brand image and actively pursuing new financial avenues and new prospective leagues to be involved in (this may all be pie in the sky, but the c*nt is never out of the papers blowing their trumpet). Meanwhile, we have a ââ?¬Ë?custodianââ?¬â?¢ who wonââ?¬â?¢t even defend our traditions or our fans, never mind promote the Rangers brand. I donââ?¬â?¢t think that we have ever been so negatively portrayed in the media as we are at the moment, and that is all down to David Murrayââ?¬â?¢s refusal to stand up to our enemies.

Our public image is at an all time low, we are never ââ?¬Ë?talked upââ?¬â?¢ on national TV unlike the sons of Satan who have all on sundry talking them up and the likes of Rod Stewart to The Fruitellies declaring their love for ââ?¬Ë?ra hoopsââ?¬â?¢ at every opportunity. That has given them a march on the ââ?¬Ë?English marketââ?¬â?¢ and we are falling way behind them in that respect. We can not survive on ââ?¬Ë?Scottish supportââ?¬â?¢ alone and this needs to be readdressed as soon as possible. In all honesty, do you think we are an attractive proposition for people to support at the moment? IMO, the only fans we are likely to attract are those who come from a ââ?¬Ë?Rangers familyââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â?? yes, we need these fans, but we also need to be attractive to the ââ?¬Ë?neutralââ?¬â?¢ and we arenââ?¬â?¢t at the moment.

Critical Christmas

We are now approaching a critical time of the season where we will face teams that are close to us and if we are to take any positives from this season, we must come through this period (from today until New Years Day) winning ALL the games we play. We start with the visit of Hibs who are playing brilliantly at the moment and are breathing down our necks. Next up, we face Craptic at Ibrox in a game we MUST win. Then, we have trips to Abergreen and Inverness followed by a busy New Year period. If we can come out of this with 6 victories, we will have at least, cemented 2nd place in the league. However, if we drop any more points during this period, it is debateable if we will have European football to look forward to next season.

Bleak Future

All in all, it all adds up to a very bleak future for Rangers and us the supporters and I canââ?¬â?¢t see anything changing for the positive until David Murray sells up and ships out. He has shown that whilst we are ââ?¬Ë?up for saleââ?¬â?¢ there will be little or no investment in the squad and youth development and no effort put in to promoting Rangers FC and defending us the fans from the continual onslaught from the press, politicians and UEFA (who all clearly have an agenda).

So what can we do? Very little unless we galvanise and make a concerted effort in getting Murray to act sooner rather than later. However, the demonstrations and the reactions to them from the majority of the Rangers fans shows that for some reason, David Murray has the support of the majority of the Rangers support. If this doesn�t change and change soon, we are in for a bleak(er) future which will see is fall into the shadow of our bitterest rivals.

Cammy F ââ?¬â?? We Are The Peopleââ?¬Â¦.

Bleak indeed Cammy. It should be brutally obvious to every Rangers fan that serious investment is needed NOW. Not just squad players, but players of proven quality and experience who are desperately needed in the starting eleven.

Even if the current crop of players start playing better, I doubt if they're are good enough to take us where we need/want to be. We have two players(IMO)in the first team set-up that have genuine quality and have the abillity to help take us forward, Fergie and young Stevie Smith. Dado would've been included, but it's clear that he's close to being finished.

We have some decent young players who have the potential to be better, but these players need to brought on through working alongside experienced quality players who can guide them properly and nurse them through difficult times. At the moment, these young guys have way too much responsibility and are carrying the weight and future of a massive club on their shoulders.

Even if DM finds some cash to invest in the team(which i doubt). I'm not sure I have the faith in PLG to spend on the type of players we need.:sigh:

Agree with you Cammy,but unfortunately there are still a lot of fans that are blind to the demise of Rangers FC and cannot see past DM and as far as they are concerned they will not hear anything said against our leader, i only hope it changes for the better before we are dead as a club.

not that i want Rangers to lose but getting gubbed again off of hibs at home and craptic might just be the ammunition to force murrays hand in our clubs future. If we take a heavy loss to hibs on saturday i foresee supporters outside the main door again. the difference is that i will be with them this time. As much as i want leguen to succeed I feel he has made far too many mistakes to turn it around . Hes stuck by duds like svensen, papic and clement ( i just dont see what anybody sees in this guy) and formations that dont work and he continually asks for "time to gel" (theres a term that gets right on my tits!) but time is a commodity that hes run out of. Yet again we find our selves watching Rangers through our fingers and i have to say ive had enough of the shit ive been watching since the arse fell out the cheque book 5 years ago. Even the title wins were hollow given the football we played. so if murray doersnt get his arse in gear my season book is going back after the transfer window shuts. and thats coming from a guy who served his time in the john grieg era so i really do know shit when i see it.

not that i want Rangers to lose but getting gubbed again off of hibs at home and craptic might just be the ammunition to force murrays hand in our clubs future. If we take a heavy loss to hibs on saturday i foresee supporters outside the main door again.

I know the feeling. Last season when the CL run was fooling a lot of people, I posted the exact same thing on here. I couldn't believe what I was saying, but I thought it might have been better for the club if we'd lost and it brought things to a head. We're in the same position this season and I really don't know what it will take for DM to take his head out of his arse and do something about the position.

We badly need leadership on and off the park. And it is tough to see Celtic doing so well on the pitch domestically and in the CL, not to mention the fact they seem to be getting a lot more positive publicity than us. They've already said they'll strengthen in the January window if possible and that sets alarm bells ringing. I don't think they're that great a side just now, but they are slowly and surely opening up a gap over us both on and off the pitch.

You're also very right about the standard of football we've been playing. For 5 years or so, we've not looked like a team who knows what to do in the final third of the pitch. We've been very lightweight at the back and lacked bite in midfield.

While we've been going backwards and persisting with buying in foreign players at every opportunity, nearly every other club in the SPL has realised that this is a false economy and started to give youth a chance. A few years down the line and most clubs are starting to see the benefit of this, although arguably we're one of the last to catch on. I'd put money on the fact that if we signed 3 or 4 of the Scots who are doing well and shown potential at other SPL clubs and played them in place of some of the current first XI, we'd be no worse off than we are at the moment. In fact I'd say we'd have more points and show a lot more fight. The current group of players don't seem to give a fuck. In fact, these same players who were read the riot act by AM & DM last season and swore to transform their ways, are yet again under-performing despite picking up huge wage packets. Another talking-to by the chairman doesn't seem to have made a difference this season either.

Once again English clubs are sniffing around our young players and there's been a resurgence in the national team. Albeit Walter needs to take some credit for punching above his weight with the players available to him. Seems like all he needed to do was get some decent organisation and a team spirit about the place again. Which sounds exactly like what we need just now.

As a group of supporters, we've come to accept very average looking players in our first team. Very average players who we desperately hope are going to come good sooner rather than later. Is there no end to this eternal optimism we've shown when it comes to certain signings who we're convinced will come good at some point? When exactly did our expectations drop this much?

We need to be unified in times like these, but I'm really starting to wonder if this is actually doing us any good. Could we be any worse off if we turn en masse against DM and demand change now? Looking at the way we've been playing, I doubt it. Maybe it is time for us to stand up and make a noise, because I really don't want our club to slip any further down as we're not that far away from being a mid-table team again.

Depressing times.

I know the feeling. Last season when the CL run was fooling a lot of people, I posted the exact same thing on here. I couldn't believe what I was saying, but I thought it might have been better for the club if we'd lost and it brought things to a head. We're in the same position this season and I really don't know what it will take for DM to take his head out of his arse and do something about the position.

We badly need leadership on and off the park. And it is tough to see Celtic doing so well on the pitch domestically and in the CL, not to mention the fact they seem to be getting a lot more positive publicity than us.

Depressing times.

I don't know what it will take for DM to take his head out of his arse, i don't agree with boycots but we need to do something as a unit to let DM know exactly how we feel, then again is he really bothered about us, the fans, or what we think, think not :sigh:

Brilliant post Cammy, absolutley spot on. Couldn't have said it better.

I think worst of all, a lot of fellow bears are totally blind to it. We need to waken up and realise we have MAJOR problems.

It really hurts me to say this but if this continues over a long period of time, the old firm rivalry could end up being like the Manchester derby. With us unfortunatley always looking up at Celtic :( They are getting a bigger club than us every day

Great post Cammy, i dont think that Murray (or any other 'owner) is the answer. There is no security for Rangers at the moment and we will be eclipsed soon by Septic if we do not act now. Everyone slagged Septic when McCann set them up as a PLC and all the biscuit tin jibes were rife but at least they have the security of knowing that no one person can run them into the ground. If Murray does (please) leave who will we get next? another Murray? someone who will invest and allow us to compete with Celtic on and off the pitch? Someone who will find innovative ways to increase our brand without Orange strips etc? Someone who will be able to promote our heritage in a positive manner? Or will we end up with a mad vlad type?

Bring on Rangers PLC

I thought you said a wee rant ya bugger!!

TBH the players current attitude seems to tipify what Murray is doing to the club...

I feel sorry for Le Guen as I do indeed think he is allot better than is being seen. One possibility is to bring in a Scotsman/former player to get the new players, and to a greater degree players like Barry back on the right track.

WATP

I feel sorry for Le Guen as I do indeed think he is allot better than is being seen.

He may be better than he looks but he's nowhere near as good as I thought he was.

I though he was good enough to take the second best and most expensive squad in the league by far, spend a few million on players commanding salaries ten times greater than rest and easily create a gap between us and third place.

In fact, I'd expect any manager in the SPL to that. I'd expect your average punter in the street to do that.

But the fact is, he's doing no better than the likes of Calderwood, Jeffries and Collins who are on a far tighter budget. He's actually doing worse than Graeme Rix and not much better than Vladimir Romanov who's never done anything before in football...

There's no excuse for doing so badly with either of the Old Firm. I didn't allow Eck any last year and I won't allow PLG any this year. The only difference is that I'll give PLG a bit of time, whereas Eck already had 4 years and so his time was up.

If we're as bad as this in two years time then PLG's time will be up too.