Gers plan shake-up

I thought "All would be revealed" about the future plans? Turns out there aren't any. Brilliant.

When he says plans for the future will need to be discussed McCoist is referring directly to changes in scouting, youth development and other aspects of the club which aren't part of his job remit

â??Iâ??ve got a plan in process for other sides of the footballing aspect of the club as well"

I'd expect this is more along the lines of what you're looking for ;)

Can someone explain the following to me.

The superspy left Murray Park this week but remains employed as a consultant and Coisty has vowed to use his expertise.

He said: “Neil is here to a certain degree and by that I mean he is still here on a consultancy basis. He’s left the club but is still in a form of consultancy with Rangers.

Its a shake up from top to bottm that is needed. This week feels like 1 step forward 20 steps back. Phase one complete winning Div 3 then the nonsense from Whyte v Green plus off field sackings in Sandaza and Murray. WTF is going on! Ally is right, no fan deserves this now after what we have pulled the club through. If there is fat cats trying to get a sneaky penny out of the club at genuine fans expense then heads should roll.

that doesn't say their will be a shake up at all. just that one is needed and super is hopeful.

So, virtually without exception, posters on Gersnet believe our scouting and youth development is a shambles and needs a radical overhaul. And what do we do when the message comes through that this is going to happen? We moan about it.:sigh:

There are existing employees involved in all these areas. Doesn't a new management team have a duty to identify for themselves in detail what the real issues are? I have been through numerous organisational restructures in my career and the more effective ones have involved a lot of planning, mostly behind the scenes, but are then implemented swiftly and decisively.

Frankly, I don't care how far advanced the plans are at this stage, it's been identified as a priority to be addressed and that's a start. I hope they take as long as required to actually get it right, rather than try and put a quick fix in place to appease the fans. The structures will certainly be important, but ultimately this will be about recruiting the right people and giving them the right resources for the job. If that takes 1, 2, or even 3 years before it pays dividends, then so be it, as long as it's done well.

It will depend on the ones with the money, do they want to spend big, on something that will not show dividends till further down the line.

It actually might answer a few questions.

A very pertinent point. Why spend money on a system that won't reap any profits for a few years if you're in for the short haul :(