No go for reconstruction

The TV viewing figures are less than a third of what SKy had for games involving us and Celtic, and they've lost 4 old firm games which dre in over ten times what the replacement matches have.

Sky's advertising revenue will have plummeted, and they'll have no choice but to renegotiate.

How will reconstruction help SKY's viewing figures ? Makes no sense to me

It will help as under a single league body they can sell our games and we won't have a say. I think Sky may still try to renegotiate, but no reconstruction means no Rangers games within the current agreement and the SFL/Ranges can make our own deal.

It will help as under a single league body they can sell our games and we won't have a say. I think Sky may still try to renegotiate, but no reconstruction means no Rangers games within the current agreement and the SFL/Ranges can make our own deal.

And they can't bribe us to hand it over for our membership.

But it won't help viewing figures without OF games will it? SKY are a subscription service first & foremost. Viewing figures are crucial to them.

And if the 12-12-18 goes ahead who runs the 18 team league ? the SPL ? can't see the SFL & CG giving this up without a fight.

No it wobt, but no reconstruction means status quo as SFL clubs need to give notice.

Sky will renegotiate either way, but without us the deal will be even worse.

Reconstruction means one league body and milking Rangers. Otherwiae nothing changes.

No it wobt, but no reconstruction means status quo as SFL clubs need to give notice.

Sky will renegotiate either way, but without us the deal will be even worse.

Reconstruction means one league body and milking Rangers. Otherwiae nothing changes.

If this reconstruction does go through I can't see the SFL simply handing over the 18 club league to the SPL without a fight.

And I can't see CG being happy about us continuing to subsidise the SPL via the SKY deal and whatever else.

There's a lot still to happen yet IMO

If this reconstruction does go through I can't see the SFL simply handing over the 18 club league to the SPL without a fight.

And I can't see CG being happy about us continuing to subsidise the SPL via the SKY deal and whatever else.

There's a lot still to happen yet IMO

I agree, but reconstruction will only happen if the SPL and SFL bothe agree - in which case there's a single league body covering all the leagues and our games come into that whether we like it or not.

The SPL 2 won't happen as clubs need to give a notice period, so it's all or nothing the way I see it.

ST MIRREN are set to throw SPL league reconstruction plans into CHAOS.

SunSport understands that Saints chief Stewart Gilmour will vote AGAINST the 12-12-18 proposal next week.

With an 11-1 majority required for change it had been widely thought Ross County were certs to say no and that would scupper any reshaping of the game.

SunSport, though, understands that the Highland club could be on the brink of an 11th-hour U-turn.

With SFL clubs split 14-14 on the proposed changes the St Mirren news behind the scenes yesterday is a blow to the move to redesign our troubled game.

If the SPL reconstruction plan is doomed, there may be a call for the formation of an SPL2 with clubs invited to apply.

But there is also the possibility of further discussions to thrash out a solution before next week’s vote.

If there is no agreement, then the current set-up of 12- 10-10-10 will continue for next season.

County and Saints are understood to be unhappy on some aspects of the package for change, including the use of under-21 players in matchday squads and the current voting structure.

But Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson believes the 12-12-18 plan is the best way forward.

After his side had made a last-gasp push to clinch a top-six spot, he said: “I’ve put aside a number of my concerns because I think it’s the right thing for the greater good of the game.

“There’s a lot of positive things in there. It’s now or never. If it doesn’t happen, it’s the status quo.

“I think it’s got enough of the good things in it to take it forward.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4876747/Saints-vote-no.html