No go for reconstruction

I still feel the SFL are in a much stronger position than they think. Only Dunfermline are in financial trouble but none of the other clubs operate out with their means. The SFL should invite Ross County and St Mirren to the SFL and have its own reconstruction into 16-14. Then they go to a battle v SPL and SFA with FIFA about who represents Scotland in Euro Comps. But the SPL wont be in business in 12 months so the clubs dont have a league to play in.

Edited by Gribz

I still feel the SFL are in a much stronger position than they think. Only Dunfermline are in financial trouble but none of the other clubs operator out with their means. The SFL should invite Ross County and St Mirren to the SFL and have its own reconstruction into 16-14. Then they go to a battle v SPL and SFA with FIFA about who represents Scotland in Euro Comps. But the SPL wont be in business in 12 months so the clubs dont have a league to play in.

Good points. Especially the one about the future viability of the SPL. As I see things the SPL could face 3 major cash demands in the months ahead:-

1)harper mcleod's legal bill for the EBT commission 2) BDO for our prize money last season 3) linisi pub chain's recent claim for damages

I'd reckon these come to between £3.5 - £4m which is money I don't think the SPL has got.

I also believe the SFL could, in theory, start a league with ourselves in it & invite teams into it, particularly the ones in financial difficulty and promise them No penalties or punishment i they went in to admin or worse.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I still feel the SFL are in a much stronger position than they think. Only Dunfermline are in financial trouble but none of the other clubs operator out with their means. The SFL should invite Ross County and St Mirren to the SFL and have its own reconstruction into 16-14. Then they go to a battle v SPL and SFA with FIFA about who represents Scotland in Euro Comps. But the SPL wont be in business in 12 months so the clubs dont have a league to play in.

Why not write an article along those line of thoughts for the Gersnet main site? So it gets wider audience than this forum?

SFL should invite St. Mirren and Ross County! ... would make a nice headline.

Why not write an article along those line of thoughts for the Gersnet main site? So it gets wider audience than this forum?

SFL should invite St. Mirren and Ross County! ... would make a nice headline.

I may just do that, and then get views from others to add / edit it and we can circulate it.

The SFL gaining Rangers was the biggest trump card ever. Why the SFL dont have a firmer say is beyond me. The clubs in Div 1 like Partick, Dunfermline (this season excluding), Raith, Hamilton, Falkirk and Livingston are all on potential par with St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Inverness. The so called big 4 teams who try claim the place as Scotlands No.3 team are all in a mess (Dundee Utd, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts). Motherwell have leapfrogged all of them. Hearts show up every 7 years or so and look a threat but fizzle out. Its this reason the SFL should rightly go for and claim the outright governing body position in Scotland and get the game back on track like it was Pre-SPL.

I still feel the SFL are in a much stronger position than they think. Only Dunfermline are in financial trouble but none of the other clubs operate out with their means. The SFL should invite Ross County and St Mirren to the SFL and have its own reconstruction into 16-14. Then they go to a battle v SPL and SFA with FIFA about who represents Scotland in Euro Comps. But the SPL wont be in business in 12 months so the clubs dont have a league to play in.

That's a good idea Gribz , but i would not stop there. I would invite other teams to join an SFL premier league.,teams like Kilmarnock. Motherwell, Dundee, ICT even Hearts (if they survive) will be looking to join a more fair and financially stable SFL

Edited by aweebluesoandso

cant understand why its all now or never. nobody can explain logically (tho we all know ) why they insist its boom or bust and has be done now or never. why why why

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Because they know that another season of trying to pretend that all is well is a bridge too far. If they could squeeze this through they could paper over the cracks for another year by heralding a new beginning and praying that Rangers come up in successive seasons in time to really save their sorry asses. But iif it doesn't go through they know that this dead horse they have been flogging (and trying to cover up) won't last another year - it may just lie down and be unable to get back up again.

Edited by Anchorman

Draft 1 done at quick pace in new thread. Please add comments / criticism.

Good article Gribz, there's side article in today's Hootsmon back page about the SPL and their potential £1mil legal claim from Harry Hood. The threat is this claim could potentially be borne by every football club should the SPL/SFL merger go ahead, so potentially it could be a deal breaker. You could add that in as a warning to the SFL clubs.

Good article Gribz, there's side article in today's Hootsmon back page about the SPL and their potential £1mil legal claim from Harry Hood. The threat is this claim could potentially be borne by every football club should the SPL/SFL merger go ahead, so potentially it could be a deal breaker. You could add that in as a warning to the SFL clubs.

I posted this article in the football chat

By EWING GRAHAME

Published on Monday 8 April 2013 00:43

ANNAN Athletic chairman Henry McClelland believes that the court case started by former Celtic star Harry Hood’s pub business can bring down the SPL – and he fears that they could take the rest of Scottish football with them if reconstruction goes ahead.

Six years ago the SPL used a court order to prevent Hood’s Angels bar in Uddingston from using a Polish decoder to show live matches. The SPL had previously granted rights to Polish broadcasters Polstat to transmit their games in 2006 and 2007.

However, in a similar court case involving the Red, White and Blue bar in Portsmouth and Sky TV last year, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that banning the use of foreign decoders and smart cards was a restriction of competition.

In the light of that decision, Hood’s company, Lisini Pub Management, is suing the SPL for £1,761,749. Last month Lord Woolman of the Supreme Court dismissed the SPL’s attempt to have the claim refused.

“An EC citizen living in say Germany should not be prevented from obtaining a signal from Sky, BBC, RAI, Nova or Polsat,” he said. “In my view the ECJ has held that the object of such agreements is to restrict competition.”

The judge stated there will be another hearing to establish how this case progresses – but McClelland believes that this could be the first of many claims against the SPL from other bars who were prevented from using foreign decoders. And he reckons the potential cost to the top division could persuade enough Scottish League clubs to torpedo their plans for reconstruction when members vote on the issue at Hampden on 19 April.

“It can certainly reflect the way we vote, if we believe that there is sufficient risk,” he said. “Could this open the floodgates? That would open the door for someone to act on behalf of other pubs which have gone down the same route and they could bring the same litigation forward. It could bring the SPL down.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...-spl-1-2882311

I posted this article in the football chat

By EWING GRAHAME

Published on Monday 8 April 2013 00:43

ANNAN Athletic chairman Henry McClelland believes that the court case started by former Celtic star Harry Hood’s pub business can bring down the SPL – and he fears that they could take the rest of Scottish football with them if reconstruction goes ahead.

Six years ago the SPL used a court order to prevent Hood’s Angels bar in Uddingston from using a Polish decoder to show live matches. The SPL had previously granted rights to Polish broadcasters Polstat to transmit their games in 2006 and 2007.

However, in a similar court case involving the Red, White and Blue bar in Portsmouth and Sky TV last year, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that banning the use of foreign decoders and smart cards was a restriction of competition.

In the light of that decision, Hood’s company, Lisini Pub Management, is suing the SPL for £1,761,749. Last month Lord Woolman of the Supreme Court dismissed the SPL’s attempt to have the claim refused.

“An EC citizen living in say Germany should not be prevented from obtaining a signal from Sky, BBC, RAI, Nova or Polsat,” he said. “In my view the ECJ has held that the object of such agreements is to restrict competition.”

The judge stated there will be another hearing to establish how this case progresses – but McClelland believes that this could be the first of many claims against the SPL from other bars who were prevented from using foreign decoders. And he reckons the potential cost to the top division could persuade enough Scottish League clubs to torpedo their plans for reconstruction when members vote on the issue at Hampden on 19 April.

“It can certainly reflect the way we vote, if we believe that there is sufficient risk,” he said. “Could this open the floodgates? That would open the door for someone to act on behalf of other pubs which have gone down the same route and they could bring the same litigation forward. It could bring the SPL down.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...-spl-1-2882311

Donkeycaster and that other donkey Thompson from Dundee United both said "the reconstruction needs to be now or never" why the desperation? this legal claim might be the answer to their desperation to pass on the liability to every club after the merger.