SEBO is backed by LUBO MORAVCIK to shine!!

Paul Le Guen has got to give Filip Sebo a run in the first team to have any chance of getting the best from the striker.

That's the opinion of former Celtic hero Lubo Moravcik, who is backing his fellow countryman to find the back of the net once he is given a run of top-team starts.

Ibrox hitman Kris Boyd has been ruled out until the New Year with an ankle injury and that now means Sebo is likely to be granted his wish of starting more games.

While most Rangers fans have failed to be convinced by the �£1.8million man - Paul Le Guen's most expensive signing - Moravcik reckons his fellow Slovakian can be a hit.

He said: "Two years ago Sebo scored more than 20 goals in the Slovakian League as Artmedia won the championship."

"But most of those came in the second half of the season, when he scored 17 or 18."

"I know it's been Boyd who has been scoring the goals for Rangers. Maybe now Sebo will get his chance."

"He hasn't been starting a lot of games and any player needs to be playing regularly to find his best form."

"What Rangers need to do now is play Sebo. That's what happened in Bratislava and it worked well for them."

Lubo insists Sebo will get goals if Rangers play to his strengths.

He added: "Filip is physically strong, quick, good in the air and definitely not lazy."

"He is always in the penalty box and he can score goals. I think it's difficult to come to a new country when you are only 22, remember I was 33 and it is easier when you have more experience."

"Maybe if Rangers played to his strengths they would get more out of him and they would perform better."

"A striker can't play on his own, he needs support from the rest of his team."

I have a funny feeling that he will prove his worth on Saturday. :o

It's all set up for him. He has been slagged in the press, by his own fans and also by a so called Rangers legend for his appearance. I feel that its in the script for him to get the winner on Saturday and then who knows against Celtic.

He has been god awful and I cringe sometimes at him but he is still young, moved to a new country, has a large transfer fee on his head and its so hard to make your mark on a game coming off the bench. Now with Boyd out for the rest of the year, he should be due a start or two and he has to prove his worth or it will be straight back to the bench. He has all the right attributes for a modern day striker (pace, power) apart from a decent first touch and has to fine tune some of his positioning but he can only learn from Paul Le Guen.

What is also dissapointing is how Le Guen or any other Rangers player has not come out and defended Sebo either in the press. We should be sticking together and someone should be building his confidence up. A word of support in public from the manager or the captain would probably do him the world of good.

If you have a look on youtube etc, there is a game he played for Slovakia (okay, it was against Malta) and he scored a Hat-Trick and took his 3rd extremely well.

So, he might now have his chance to win some of the support round come Saturday and he should have the fire in his belly come 3pm and come out like a dog fighting and want to give the "finger" to all the people who have already written him off.

258961223_e320c6b6ae.jpg

Fact is he has looked terrible,but he's our big money sgining and with Boyd out he deserves to play from the start and stay there for a decent run in the team.He does look like he has all the attributes,pace,strength, power so maybe he will come good,now's his chance so let's see if he takes it

The thing I find worrying though is that in all that both of you fine gents have said about Sebo having "all" the attributes..... not ONE of those attributes mentioned was "finishing".

Sorry boys, and I hope I am wrong, but his finishing has been absolutely terrible when he has had playing time and, IMO, last time I looked one of the major attributes of being a striker was finishing.

He has power, he has pace, he has strength - but does he have the finishing, the touch or the positional sense for him to make a difference ? I doubt it myself but hope I am wrong and you are both right !!

I agree with you Craig, he's come on and had a few chances and the best he's done is blast the ball at a defender. Hasn't even come close to scoring lately.

The ironic thing is, that out of five strikers, we only have one who knows how to finish, and he gets a slagging by the manager and some of the fans.

Novo only tends to score with lucky deflections, Buffel can finish when on form but he is only on form for about 20 minutes every month, Prso is usually never quite in the right position and never seems to get the ball quite under control in the box for a good shot and his headers are usually over the bar, and Sebo can't seem to hit the proverbial barn door.

Aye, you two are right and i agree with you,i think i'm at the desperate stage where i'm looking for a miracle,just something that will get us a bit excited, ok i've just gave myself a big slap and i'm ok now, Sebo you're pish.......!!!!!!

Ian you may be right, Sebo MAY come good. He's done it at his last two clubs. It's just very hard to believe it will happen when he looks like he plays for the likes of Cowdenbeath.

Judging by his history he only plays well for the second half of the season so he might be a waste of a shirt for a couple of months longer...

We can only hope Calscot, thing is i'm a Boyd fan and can't believe the amount of stick he gets for doing nothing except score goals, so some fans will be happy to see him out and Sebo getting a chance, so hopefully he comes good, because with Boyd out we are missing a lot of goals..

I dont rate Sebo one bit but i admire the fact it looks as though he really cares.

He's a fighter and that may be what we need just now. The chips are down, everythings against him but he still wants to come out and prove himself.

Whenever we score and he is warming up on the sidelines, he goes mental, and i like that, he cares.

How much easier would it be for the lad to just sit on the bench and be happy taking his wages for nothing? In my opinion we have too many players on the sidelines happy to be passengers, and Sebo who is desperate to repay the fee we payed for him.

I'm not a fan of him but he will get my FULL backing on Saturday

WATP

I dont rate Sebo one bit but i admire the fact it looks as though he really cares.

He's a fighter and that may be what we need just now. The chips are down, everythings against him but he still wants to come out and prove himself.

Whenever we score and he is warming up on the sidelines, he goes mental, and i like that, he cares.

How much easier would it be for the lad to just sit on the bench and be happy taking his wages for nothing? In my opinion we have too many players on the sidelines happy to be passengers, and Sebo who is desperate to repay the fee we payed for him.

I'm not a fan of him but he will get my FULL backing on Saturday

WATP

That is a fair point - I wish that we had 10 others on the park that had the same desire and determination to do well for our club as Sebo so obviously has.

It is just a shame that right now he seems to be lacking quality and/or confidence - but he now gets his chance to shine and, hopefully, he will do so and make it difficult for PLG to drop him.

I am one of the ones that has given Boyd a bit of a hard time - but my only complaint with Boyd is that he is just not even involved unless he scores - if he could be more involved he would be an automatic starter for me - but maybe what he needs is someone up beside him to take the physical battles off him...... Sebo ? I just dont think the lone striker with 3 supporting AM's works for Boyd or, for that matter, the club !

From The Rhecord site:

Prso: Crocked Boyd is as deadly in the box as my old Monaco mate David

By Anthony Haggerty

WHEN Dado Prso compares Rangers striker Kris Boyd to Light Blues legend Ally McCoist and Juventus star David Trezeguet it's worth listening.

The Croatian has partnered the former Kilmarnock hitman up front for the Ibrox side during the past 11 months and is well qualified to offer his thoughts on such matters.

Prso, like most Rangers fans, admits he has been cursing their luck and lamenting the fact that Boyd is out until January after suffering ankle-ligament damage during Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Falkirk.

The striker hobbled off just before half time during that game after a tackle from behind by Bairns defender Kenny Milne.

Boyd scored the goal that earned the 2-2 draw in Auxerre which booked Paul Le Guen's team a place in the last 32 of the UEFA Cup - the only hope of a silver lining on Rangers' cloudy and troubled season so far.

And Prso believes that his young strike partner will develop as a player - just as long as he does not lose the knack of sticking the ball in the net.

Advertisement

Since netting a hat-trick on his debut against Peterhead in the 5-1 Tennent's Scottish Cup win at Ibrox on January 7 this year, the striker has started 33 games in all competitions and hit 31 goals, a total which has impressed Prso.

He said: "I think I can help Kris. I want him to score as many goals as possible. It is sad that he is injured but he will come back stronger and be a big player for Rangers next year.

"He's a top striker but he's young and he's going to learn. He has a good chance of progressing as he is very talented.

"The ability to score is something that is inside him. In the box I think he is the top man in Scotland just now.

"He is always hungry for the ball and always has one eye on the opposition goal - all he wants to do is score.

"Goalscoring is not something you can learn. You need the instinct and will to score. When I was at Monaco I played with David Trezeguet who was abit like Boydy.

"He was also judged by whether he did or did not score and if he didn't he was the worst player on the pitch.

"Trezeguet scored 20 goals in one season and that was his mark. Boydy is similar. You don't often see him outside the box.

"Scoring goals is the most important thing in the game, that is why he is such a crucial player for Rangers.

'Sometimes when you ask somebody to do more and more it might be that they forget what they were supposed to be doing before.

"Boydy must continue to score his goals. Maybe he can be a bit more focused on helping the others but not too much.

"If he starts to do too much work outside the box then he won't be concentrating on doing what he does best - scoring.

"You must always play to your strengths and his are without doubt in the penalty box. He is the top man in there."

Prso, who won a Champions League runners-up medal with Monaco in 2004 admits, though, that Boyd has some way to go before matching the goal haul of Ally McCoist, who netted 355s and won two Golden Boot awards between 1983 and 1998.

He said: "Can Boydy become the greatest ever? Rangers have had some great players in the past and I don't think he can be better than McCoist. He can maybe get near him but Ally is the top man.

"It will be hard for Kris to beat that total and he would need an eight or nine-year contract to stand a chance."

With his well-documented knee problem, 32-year-old Prso could be calling time on an illustrious career and bowing out of Ibrox at the end of the season.

But for now he is focused on getting Rangers back into a challenging position in the SPL title race and an extended run in the UEFA Cup.

He said: "I don't want to speak too much about myself. I feel okay and I will keep going. I'm a professional and I recover well. You always want to play and give something to the team.

"I am not focused on anything else. We are still thinking that everything is possible this season.

"Nothing is over, Celtic have had a good run but that can change. We have to put pressure on them and start putting some good results together.

"We have some tough games coming up in the next few weeks but if we can get a run going why not think about what we can still do this season in Scotland.

"We also have the UEFA Cup to look forward to after Christmas. It will be good for the fans to go to those games. They really enjoy those nights and I hope we go far.

"We just make sure we have 11 fighters on the pitch in every game, then anything is possible."

I pretty much agree with Dado's views on Boyd.