Anyone else in CF1?

Is anyone going to defend Green's right to freedom of speech? Massive irony there.

Another hypocritical thing is that people are up in arms about a certain two words that came out of his mouth while being guilty publishing those same words themselves. Really weird. Green gets blasted for saying some people called a guy a racially sensitive name and yet the press do EXACTLY the same thing and get away with it.

I never said anything about the forum. I was suggesting that you cancel your internet subscription, and lock yourself in a darkened room for five years minimum as penance for your naivety with regards to Sir Charles of Green.

On the one hand, it's a fair punishment and no reasonable person could disagree with it.

On the other hand, think of all the months of fun we'd be denying ourselves at STB's expense once Green does get hoofed. ;)

It is now debatable whether the Rangers men would have paid the price the fact is that Sevco Scotland was possibly illegally given preferred status. The fact is they were never given the chance to raise their bid.

I must have missed when this common conspiracy became fact.

Is anyone going to defend Green's right to freedom of speech? Massive irony there.

Another hypocritical thing is that people are up in arms about a certain two words that came out of his mouth while being guilty publishing those same words themselves. Really weird. Green gets blasted for saying some people called a guy a racially sensitive name and yet the press do EXACTLY the same thing and get away with it.

The difference is that Green is the Rangers CEO, not everybody. If we all had to be held to the same standards as the club CEO, then Houston, we'd have a problem.

i dont think green suffers from a lack of freedom to speak.

quite the opposite in fact.

I've not read the whole of this thread but I get the impression most are going down the line of 'free speech' etc.

The thing is, when you put any banner like that up people outside of the club, rightly or wrongly, will interpret the banner as the views of the whole support. We certainly regard gangrene brigade banners in that manner so why wouldn't others interpret our banners that way? As such if your going to unveil something controversial then you can expect people to react if they feel you are trying to portray as universal a view they strongly disagree with.

For what it's worth I loudly applauded the guy tearing the banner down from my seat in the Govan rear. There have been a series of banners from these guys over the course of the season and I've disagreed with almost every one. Maybe these guys will now think twice before they try to portray their own views as the views of all.

I wonder how many would respect freedom of speech if just behind them was a banner saying, "We are Nancy boys"... and their mug was on the telly. You really need the consent of those around you before you presume to represent them all with a controversial banner.