Are we importing them now?

Flags today from Hamburg, Bochum and East Germany (although I thought that had gone).

What's the story, dB. Are they actual Germans or just Scots living there - and if they are authentic, what's the relationship between Hamburg and Bochum (I notice it wasn't VFL)?

I think that the Hamburg connection started because Celtic have a connection with St Pauli. They are both arch rivals with St Pauli claiming Hamburg are Nazi's just as the tims do with us. It seems it is not just Germany but if you look on the website from DB there are also links to Russian Rangers websites. I would think that having the army so long in Germany and so many expats living there has also got some support. While I can't claim any of my circle have become Rangers supporters they do have a softer spot for Rangers through knowing me.

I think that the Hamburg connection started because Celtic have a connection with St Pauli. They are both arch rivals with St Pauli claiming Hamburg are Nazi's just as the tims do with us. It seems it is not just Germany but if you look on the website from DB there are also links to Russian Rangers websites. I would think that having the army so long in Germany and so many expats living there has also got some support. While I can't claim any of my circle have become Rangers supporters they do have a softer spot for Rangers through knowing me.

i think we have had a relationship with hamburg since long before st pauli and they trollocs.

You've got a big Rangers fanclub in Cologne (probably quite a few in that area) dating back to the days when the BAOR was based in the region, one in Hamburg as well (who might have taken to Rangers during the Albertz days). One of our more fervent followers hails from Rostock (that would be the Rostock Loyal flag) and there was talk over on our board that quite a few would make the trip to Hampden as well as this weekend. So yes, you've got quite a number of Bears in Germany (Germans as well as Britons) and some were and are regulars to Ibrox. Usually, if they bring some fellow fams along to take in the atmosphere, these people bring their own flags along ... not least to show their support of us.