SPL secretary to 'have a look' at whether league rules can be suspended

The whole scenario was a complete and utter shambles. If they had asked the fans like they were so damn quick to do when it was the Rangers situation then the whole 12-12-18 would never have got off the ground

There has been several "official" fans polls.....they just chose to ignore the results.

Interesting to note that only now, after the proposals were narrowly rejected at a crucial vote, are BBC, STV and the other press interested in pointing out how ridiculous the plan was in the first place. Looks like there might have been a wee media black out on bad/negative press about the 12-12-18 reconstruction proposals.

Meanwhile looks like (but is unclear) that the SFL have refused the SFA's offer of mediation.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/press-statement-96/

That definitely looks like a "Thanks, but no thanks" message to me.

Well done SFL

Interesting times.

I think Regan and Doncaster will cling on for a year or so, but they will eventually crawl away in humiliation.

Am I the only person who think's meaning defeat of the SPL'S 12-12-18 now puts the SFL (with Rangers in its ranks) in a very strong position now ? The SFL cannot be happy with the amount of SKY revenue it gets compared to the SPL. At the beginning of the season (before he joined Rangers) Traynor wrote an excellent article in which he said Scottish football could split in 2 with the SFL & Rangers on one side and the SPL & Celtic on the other. This certainly would mean that the SFL would get more revenue

Hopefully until at least next season so that we are in Div. 2.

I can see the SFA intervening, forming a new top division & inviting us to be in it. Scottish football isn't viable long term without Rangers in its top division.

I can see the SFA intervening, forming a new top division & inviting us to be in it. Scottish football isn't viable long term without Rangers in its top division.

I don't think there is a chance of that. The one league structure gives them control of our TV money while leaving us to go back up through the leagues. How the rest of the teams cannot see this is Lawell's agenda at work is mystifying. Can people really be that stupid?

I think Celtc have found out they don't mean that much without Rangers.

What we've found out this season i.e. home attendances is that Rangers don't need Celtic. Not sure Celtic can say the same about us though