Charles Green to resign

Surely, if anything, this proves he's NOT Whyte''s man!! He only has 8%, the holding company owns all assets associated with the cub, and if Green's not about he's nothing more than a shareholder, albeit a large one. What influence can he exert from that position???

mm is the best thing to happen to us in an age so far as I can see. but I may be wrong.

What exactly drives you to this conclusion? What exactly has our chairman done since being appointed that stood out from a daily chairman routine?

BTW, as the page count increases, has there been any official confirmation of this? A date being said et al?

EDIT: Snatched this from Twitter (the Clyde Superscoreboard inquisitors ... )

Charles Green to step down as Chief Executive of Rangers. Board is meeting now and a statement may be made to stock exchange before 4pm
Edited by der Berliner

Just appeared on FF ...

9 April 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", the "Company" or the "Club")

Directorate Change

The Company announces that Charles Green has notified the Board that he wishes to step down as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen media interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of The Club by the consortium led by Mr Green. Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of The Club. As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May. The Board has commenced the search for a new Chief Executive and expects the role to attract high quality candidates from both within and outwith the industry. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Malcolm Murray said, "Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for The Club. The impact that he had in turning The Club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put The Club ahead of his personal position at this time".

Charles Green said, "Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for both myself and all involved with Rangers and I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that The Club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football. I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of The Club during my tenure as Chief Executive. My thanks go to the Rangers fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at The Club."

... dunno whether it is the Director Change stuff on the London Stock Exchange Site

It IS official now: Rangers FC - Director Change

Edited by der Berliner

that would be all well and good if i was wrong. i guessed nothing i was informed by people who would know.

GS - unless you want to be known as BS give it a rest. You haven't been proved wrong - fact. You haven't been proved right - fact. You don't have 'in the know' insider contacts - fact. You guess the same as the rest of us - fact. Give it a rest - please?

It is beyond dispute that Charles Green made a positive contribution to Rangers through his raising funds, his courage in defending the club against evil people, his hard work and his willingness to step in to buy the club while others shuffled around.

In a way he was helped by the comparison with the previous CEO, Marti Bain, who was ineffective, in many ways.

My main beef with Charles Green was that he simply didn't have the capabilities to fulfil the office of CEO at Glasgow Rangers. A look at what he was doing following his departure, I believe in 1998, from Sheffield United is less than inspiring.

I have no doubt about two things.

The board who are charged with looking after the interests of people who have invested in our club will ensure that they appoint a new CEO who has demonstrated that he or she has a proven business background.

The other thing which is beynd doubt is that whenever the appointment is announced, that little cretin, Chris McLaughlin, will be outside Ibrox to cast doubt over the appointment and his pals at BBC Scotland, like Enlish, Speirs, Cosgrove and the rest will be finding all sorts of negative things to say.

And so it goes on.