Dorin Goian (coming back) and Nicky Clark (a target)

Can't say I'm delighted at the prospect of Dorin Goian coming back, but the thought of signing Nicky Clark fills me with hope.

He scored his 2nd hat-trick of the season at the weekend (all coming in the 2nd half) against Forfar on their 3G pitch taking his tally to 38 for the season - three short of the club RECORD.

Here's how he done it.

His first goal came when all alone at the back post was picked out by his strike partner - although Clark missed the ball completely with his right foot, he did guide it into the net with the other.

8674173187_925196ce35_c.jpg

His second goal came when he played a one two with Burns - then right-footed into the top right hand corner first time.

8674174155_a7611167bb_c.jpg

He completed his hat-trick when Holt seized on a loose ball before sliding Clark in behind the back line again, he easily rounded the keeper and tapped into the empty net.

8674174935_651dca9856_c.jpg

38 goals? Not bad for a 21 year old.

Dont forget to order your tatties from taypack.com :D

Queen of the south have been impressive, id take half their team at the moment. Much better potential than the SPL guff we get linked to.

Would like to see Boca and Goian back. Our defence has been woeful all season.

Would like to see Boca and Goian back. Our defence has been woeful all season.

Goian, before he left on loan, was worse than any of our CB's this season - I wouldnt conveniently forget how poor he was himself. And at 16k a week ? No thanks.

Goian, before he left on loan, was worse than any of our CB's this season - I wouldnt conveniently forget how poor he was himself. And at 16k a week ? No thanks.

Yep, and without going to excuse him, there was hardly a decent pre-season and m/any of those foreigners who stayed on couldn't believe what was happening to the club or the level they were expected to play. They should have gone about their business professionally nonetheless, yet, some of those who stayed on contributed the same amount of un-professionalism from January onwards. As I said, during the admin season he was rather steady alongside Boca, though sure not perfect.

Of those we had this season, I'd like Boca, Faure, Hegarty and Gasparotto as primary CDs. IMHO, Goian and Perry can go, Cribari (if contract says so) might be kept as experienced back up.

Sounds like Goian is just back for his pension... £800k minus tax for a year of not doing very much except a bit of keep fit and the odd 20 minutes of playing football at a pedestrian level.

Should set him up for the rest of his life in Romania...