The Founders Trail shown the red card by bigots

For a start this part - " They had received two phone calls and two emails. I asked for the worst of it. One email had said ” The Gibson Street event is a folk and community festival and it shouldn’t be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation” - is entirely libelous and should be passed along to Jim Traynor for follow up. I would think that if you are upset enough about this you could find out who gives this organizer his permit to run the festival, perhaps Glasgow City Council, and inform them of his selection practices. He could be guilty of sectarian practices. If that doesn't get you any satisfaction complain to your MP or ombudsman. This sounds entirely wrong and it is not the purpose of a street festival, it should be inclusive. If anybody has a problem with what you are offering they have the choice of moving on. You should not be banned from appearing as a vendor, especially one who's profits are going to charities. You are right, how petty and bigoted can these people get.

Given that Peter McNeil lived in Gibson Street, this is outrageous. I was fortunate enough to be involved in this project at the beginning and helped the guys on the Trails for the first two years. I also went on the trip to Rosneath a couple of weeks ago. These guys are true blues and don't have a bigoted bone in their bodies. They give up their time for no financial reward, simply to get our fantastic story out there and help raise money for worthy charities. 21st century Scotland indeed.

We have seen how the teams in the SPL have been affected by the lack of the Rangers pound this year. Here is a list of the Gala sponsors lifted from RM. I wonder if they would like to contemplate doing business without the blue pound -

Look at the sponsors of the gala and email,write, facebook them to let them know what has happened!

Here is a List of some of the sponsors of the gala day

2013 Gibson Street Gala Sponsors

Thanks to the following:

Alice Rocks Hairdressing

Many thanks to John Comerford at Alice Rocks on Gibson Street for his contribution.

Artisan Roast

Many thanks to Artisan Roast for their contribution.

Cairn Letting

Many thanks to Cairn Letting on Gibson Street for their generous contribution.

Copy & Print

Many thanks to Copy & Printfor their generous support.

Gear Bikes

Huge thanks to Gear Bikes on Gibson Street for sponsoring the gala!

Global Cuisines

Many thanks to Global Cuisines on Gibson Street for their support.

Inn Deep

Thanks to Inn Deep for their contribution.

the left bank

A few emails and face books to sponsors may do the trick!