Richard Wilson - Herald - Sunday

If King and/or McColl attempt a takeover I wonder what Mike Ashley will do? Could he make a move too? he could easily buy Ranges if he wanted

I think Ashley's loyalties lie with Newcastle. His involvement with us is purely business.

I think King is the more likely given that McColl always denies any interest.

ashley cant own another football club.

we seem to be moving in the right direction.

Who's to say things won't change ? he's not exactly adored at Newcastle is he ? and after watching them last night I'd say they're right in relegation contention. If they were to go down again and the Newcastle supporters turned against him who knows what might happen ? might give him the perfect excuse to put them up for sale & ditch them then take over Rangers where he'd be more welcome probably

Who's to say things won't change ? he's not exactly adored at Newcastle is he ? and after watching them last night I'd say they're right in relegation contention. If they were to go down again and the Newcastle supporters turned against him who knows what might happen ? might give him the perfect excuse to put them up for sale & ditch them then take over Rangers where he'd be more welcome probably

Calling that a long shot would be a massive understatement.

King had a lot of talking to do around this time last year as well I recall. Lets hope he's serious this time and the resolution of his tax troubles is good news for us. I must say a have a nagging feeling the sfa will have their say about him and it won't be good for us.

King had a lot of talking to do around this time last year as well I recall. Lets hope he's serious this time and the resolution of his tax troubles is good news for us. I must say a have a nagging feeling the sfa will have their say about him and it won't be good for us.

Why could he not just do a Romanov i.e. buy the club, put a puppet in charge and pull the strings from behind the scenes?

Why could he not just do a Romanov i.e. buy the club, put a puppet in charge and pull the strings from behind the scenes?

The clue is in the story, his overseas asssets were frozen. Plus his personal tax case has now been settled.

The dog has truly well been let of the leash I believe .........................