Why Ally McCoist Must Step Down As Rangers Manager

Maybe we should approach Bomber and offer him the job (with a much lower salary than it is now), he's proved himself at a far higher level in such a short space of time and isn't afraid of shouting his mouth off, if he accepts we could give Ally a job in a kind of ambassador role (on a far smaller salary). As for that b#st#rd Green....oops, sorry off topic. :D

What correlation is there between supporting Green and wanting rid of McCoist ? You are clutching here.

I'm not clutching at anything Craig. Over the past few weeks I've seen quite a sizable number of Bears on other forums and twitter literally say that they would rather Walter and Ally left the club than Green & Ahmad. We might not have been discussing the matter in those sort of terms here on GersNet, but I can assure you, people have been talking about it elsewhere. My reasoning for bringing it up, is that there is indeed some sort of correlation, strange though it may seem. It's that simple, so I don't feel the need to justify my point, as I know I'm right.

I'm not clutching at anything Craig. Over the past few weeks I've seen quite a sizable number of Bears on other forums and twitter literally say that they would rather Walter and Ally left the club than Green & Ahmad. We might not have been discussing the matter in those sort of terms here on GersNet, but I can assure you, people have been talking about it elsewhere. My reasoning for bringing it up, is that there is indeed some sort of correlation, strange though it may seem. It's that simple, so I don't feel the need to justify my point, as I know I'm right.

I think you're mixing up the political issues and the actual football issues there.

That in itself doesnt mean that they want ANY of them Zappa - it is just as plausible that they would want ALL of them gone with the first out the door being WS and AM.

Bringing Green, who has no experience of being a manager, into a topic of discussion about our current manager's managerial abilities makes absolutely no sense to me. But have at it. What I will say, though, is that if this had been the case that nobody had mentioned Green in this thread and then STB said he would rather McCoist left than Green we can all be sure that you would have rounded on STB for bringing Green into a discussion that was nothing to do with him.

I am happy to be in the minority in saying that I dont believe this thread has ANY relevance to the discussion on McCoist's managerial abilities, and to suggest otherwise is stretching in the extreme.

I'm sure Ally will be manager next season but he has to realise that the clock is ticking. There needs to be serious improvement to what we've watched this season or else he'll be gone by Christmas/ New Year when the embargo will be fully lifted. I'm one of those who believe a better manager would have got more out of the squad we had this season. There were players who were in contention for the SPL player of the season the previous season who looked totally out of place in this season's Rangers side. Why was that ? these players didn't suddenly become poor or mediocre players did they ?

And Ally badly needs 3 or 4 good bosman signings this summer. He needs to identify positions which need strengthening i.e. CB & MF creativity and get players for those postions who'll improve things. What he musn't do is simply sign who's available like he did last summer.

I think you're mixing up the political issues and the actual football issues there.

I'm not mixing anything up. Unfortunately the political issues have become entangled with the football issues.

So... back on topic....

I still think we should give Ally next season - see how he does with a proper transfer window to strengthen.

I dont really understand a lot of the talk about falling further behind Celtic or going backwards - right now we just need to win leagues and we dont need the same calibre of player right now. Once we get to the SPL we should have a core of players that are fit for that division and augment them at that time - we should have players such as Wallace in the squad but we dont need a bunch of internationals right now.

However, we DO need to see signs of improvement in terms of team performance - if we dont see that then the money men will pull the plug on McCoist as the fans will turn away in droves which will also result in lessened revenues and they wont want that either.

Bringing Green, who has no experience of being a manager, into a topic of discussion about our current manager's managerial abilities makes absolutely no sense to me. But have at it. What I will say, though, is that if this had been the case that nobody had mentioned Green in this thread and then STB said he would rather McCoist left than Green we can all be sure that you would have rounded on STB for bringing Green into a discussion that was nothing to do with him.

I am happy to be in the minority in saying that I dont believe this thread has ANY relevance to the discussion on McCoist's managerial abilities, and to suggest otherwise is stretching in the extreme.

It's my belief that there's some Bears who are severely disgruntled about the Murray, Smith & McCoist side winning the boardroom and PR war against Green & Ahmad which ended in the latter pair leaving the club for a number of reasons. There was a boardroom divide which in turn caused a divide amongst many of the fans discussing the issues online and that now transcends into the issue of Ally (with Walter's backing) and his role as manager with the Green & co side calling for Ally to be sacked or step down. That's how I see it and hopefully that clarifies why I brought it up.