NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

I am a man of principle so yes, i probably would. I said the other day we need to do this the right way and i stand by that.

I'm with you , if we accept an offer of fast tracking I won't be back

Any potential sponsor and TV companies who need advertising revenue will pressurise the SPL people to invite Rangers back and they are unlikely to ignore such a demand.

I suspect that the SPL crowd will come up with some fudge followed by an invitation to Rangers to join a SPL2.

Surely, we would decline. Firstly, because this will let down the SFL people, who helped us out but do we really want to be in a hurry to associate with the very people who only recently tried hard to rob Rangers of legitimately won titles. It is a certainty that the condition of the SPL will be weaker at the end of next season and Rangers can negotiate from a position of strength and when our situation at the club is more stable.

That would IMHO amount to "match fixing" in club terms ... and should be brought to the attention of UEFA. Add the naughty graphic about the Scum's hand in all things Scottish football and they will start to wonder what happens north of Hadrian's Wall these days.

Of course, should this happen, the SFL and/or Rangers should sue the SPL (illegal bans, retention of price money et al) and the SFA ... so they get barred from European footy.

It is a mystery to me why we haven't pursued the SFA/SPL a lot more than we have regards illegal embargoes,retention of prize money etc. People looking in at Scottish football from the outside must wonder what the hell is going on.

Any potential sponsor and TV companies who need advertising revenue will pressurise the SPL people to invite Rangers back and they are unlikely to ignore such a demand.

I suspect that the SPL crowd will come up with some fudge followed by an invitation to Rangers to join a SPL2.

Surely, we would decline. Firstly, because this will let down the SFL people, who helped us out but do we really want to be in a hurry to associate with the very people who only recently tried hard to rob Rangers of legitimately won titles. It is a certainty that the condition of the SPL will be weaker at the end of next season and Rangers can negotiate from a position of strength and when our situation at the club is more stable.

you make good points there but would we accept an invitation if certain conditions were met such as Regan & Doncaster being forced to resign ? And a full enquiry into the disgraceful 5 way agreement last summer? we cannot allow Liewell to continue to destroy Scottish football. If an invitation was offered I believe we'd accept under certain conditions.

Talking about getting bang for your buck as far as advertising goes, look at these crowd figures ...

Crowd figures for the weekend of 4/5 May 2013

Rangers vs Berwick Rangers - 50,048

SPL

Dun. Utd. vs St. Johnstone - 6,437

ICT vs Motherwell - 3,857

Hearts vs St. Mirren - 16,312

Ross County vs Celtic - 5,873

Dundee vs Aberdeen - 6,441

Kilmarnock vs Hibs - Not Reported

( Fan illness )

Total ( not incl. Killie crowd ) - 38,920

SFL Div. 1

Dumbarton vs Partick Thistle - not reported

Dunfermline vs Airdrie - 4,624

Falkirk vs Morton - 3,179

Hamilton vs Cowdenbeath - 1,434

Livingston vs Raith Rovers - 650

Total - 9,887

Supposing we estimate 4000 for each of Killie & Dumbarton games - we have ...

Total for SPL & SFL 1 - 56,807

Total for Div. 3 champs - 50,048

So both leagues, SPL & SFL 1, only topped Rangers by about 10%.

What was that about SPL 2 ... ?

Talking about getting bang for your buck as far as advertising goes, look at these crowd figures ...

Crowd figures for the weekend of 4/5 May 2013

Rangers vs Berwick Rangers - 50,048

SPL

Dun. Utd. vs St. Johnstone - 6,437

ICT vs Motherwell - 3,857

Hearts vs St. Mirren - 16,312

Ross County vs Celtic - 5,873

Dundee vs Aberdeen - 6,441

Kilmarnock vs Hibs - Not Reported

( Fan illness )

Total ( not incl. Killie crowd ) - 38,920

SFL Div. 1

Dumbarton vs Partick Thistle - not reported

Dunfermline vs Airdrie - 4,624

Falkirk vs Morton - 3,179

Hamilton vs Cowdenbeath - 1,434

Livingston vs Raith Rovers - 650

Total - 9,887

Supposing we estimate 4000 for each of Killie & Dumbarton games - we have ...

Total for SPL & SFL 1 - 56,807

Total for Div. 3 champs - 50,048

So both leagues, SPL & SFL 1, only topped Rangers by about 10%.

What was that about SPL 2 ... ?

And don't forget about all the free SPL tickets that SPL clubs have been dishing out to falsify attendances. Week in week out this appears to happen. Hertz crowd yesterday was because the ticket prices were slashed(not that it'll do them much good when the Lithuanian administrators take over)

Also I've even heard that at StMirren & Motherwell where an adult buys a season ticket they can get as many as three free child season tickets. Totally unsustainable IMO

Yeah, you could be right. We were that used to having CG jumping at the chance to pass comment on just about everything. Maybe it'll be different now.

Yes exactly.