Hateley coy over Ibrox link as Well move apart

TOM HATELEY has refused to confirm or deny reports he is set to join the exodus from Motherwell and head for Rangers.Fir Park boss Stuart McCall has not ruled out retaining the player but the successful Steelmen side of the last few seasons is already beginning to break up.

Darren Randolph to Birmingham and Nicky Law – also in talks with the Ibrox club – are confirmed departures but PFA Scotland Player of the Year Michael Higdon is also expected to depart, as are Hateley, James McFadden and Chris Humphrey.

Hateley's father, former Ibrox striker Mark, works in tandem with his agent when it comes to looking after his son's football affairs, and the 23-year-old was reluctant to shed any light on where his future lies.

"I have been trying to just get to the end of the season and leave all the other stuff until then," said Tom.

"I have loved my time at Motherwell, I have learned a lot and I have been able to be a regular part in a side that has enjoyed some fabulous achievements.

"Finishing second again this season is up there with anything I've done here and I think the manager deserves a lot of respect for what he has done on a very modest budget. I don't think too many people would have had us down for staying there.

"But football is all about players coming and going and if it happens that things change a bit this summer then I am sure the manager will still get it right.

"He is a talented coach who knows how to get the best out of his players.

"I don't want to say anything about my future. There has been some interest but I won't say from where and I really don't want to be having to think about it until we've played our final game. Then I can sit down and see what is actually on the table.

"Motherwell have European football again and that is a big thing. But there are a lot of things for me to weight up."

Evening Times

A bit of a shame for McCall. Builds a good team and makes it into Europe, only to see the side "fall apart". You can clearly imagine the frustration levels, as he now will have to seek (cheaper/worse) replacements and heads into European qualifiers after a handful of friendlies.

Nicky Clark set to sign three-year deal at Rangers

GOAL machine Nicky Clark today revealed he is set to sign a three-year deal with boyhood heroes Rangers next week.

The 21-year-old, voted PFA Division Two player of the year after scoring 41 goals in all competitions for Queen of the South, has reached a verbal agreement with Ally McCoist on his dream move to Ibrox.

And Clark, son of former Gers star Sandy, believes he can better this term's record strike tally. He said: "I have met Ally already and we talked over his plans and it's exciting to be in them. I am hoping to meet with him again at Ibrox next week and hopefully get the deal signed and realise my dream of becoming a Rangers player for the next few seasons.

"It is something I have always dreamed of and to have met Ally in the first instance was just really flattering, but it was hard to take in that he wanted me to come to the club I have supported all my life.

"I have had a great season at Queen of the South and, at 21, I never stopped hoping that maybe I had done enough to get on Ally's radar.

"To have actually spoken to him and heard his plans was massive, but I it will only really sink in when I sign on the dotted line.

"I may have scored over 40 goals for Queens this season, but I believe I could score even more for Rangers with the quality of the players they have in the side.

"My ambition is to play in the SPL and to do it with Rangers one day would be as good as it gets."

Clark will be following in the footsteps of dad Sandy, who scored 21 goals in 62 appearances for Gers between 1983/84 and the young striker admits that makes his move to Ibrox even more emotional.

He said: "I wasn't around when my dad played for Rangers and seeing him play for them in his prime is something I would have loved.

"But if everything goes through, and hopefully I do get the chance to pull on the jersey, I would like to think it will be a special moment for him."

A move to Ibrox will see the prolific striker once more tread the boards in the Scottish Second Division, but Clark doesn't care about the prospect of marking time as long as it is in the red, white and blue.

He said: "It is a bit of a funny one, in that I have won the Second Division championship as a Queen of the South player and scored an awful lot of goals in the process, and yet I will be staying in the league.

"But none of that matters when you are talking about becoming a Rangers player."

Evening Times

I just hope he doesn't get over-awed by the task now set before him during the first few months, so the support doesn't get onto his back.

Cammy Bell signs - I'm living the dream

Law joining the Light Blues

Law - Chance of a liftime

Mitchell signs new deal

Rumours ...

EXCLUSIVE: Rangers move for Motherwell's Chris Humphrey

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist has opened talks with out-of-contract Motherwell star Chris Humphrey.

McCoist held discussions with the winger’s agent earlier this week and plans to make an offer.

The Ibrox outfit, who have also offered a deal to his Motherwell team-mate Nicky Law, face stiff competition for the Jamaican internationalist’s signature from Preston, while he also has an offer on the table at Fir Park.

The 25-year-old is currently considering his options and has been told to expect further offers from the English Championship and League One.

Rangers are prepared to offer a three-year-contract.

Humphrey in talks

Honduran next in line to join up at Rangers

By MATTHEW LINDSAY

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist is set to make Honduran midfielder Arnold Peralta his next summer signing.

McCoist this week started his attempts to strengthen his Gers squad when he landed Cammy Bell on a four-year deal.

And more targets are set to follow the Scotland cap into Ibrox soon – with Peralta poised to be the next to put pen to paper.

Both McCoist and his No.2 Kenny McDowall were impressed with the player during separate scouting missions to Central America.

The tough tackler, 24, is hoped to complement Ian Black and Kyle Hutton while adding bite to his team in the boiler room.

The Vida player has been capped 13 times by his country and played in the Olympic Games in London last summer.

Peralta was asked about the interest of the Irn-Bru Third Division champions last month.

He said: "I first heard of their interest when I played against Panama. It is a great opportunity for my future."

Dundee United captain Jon Daly has confirmed he has agreed a two-year deal with the Glasgow side and will sign subject to passing a medical.

Evening Times

a team of

bell

wallace wilson cribari hately

humphry law McLeod tempelton

clark little.

looks very good. on paper at least. whether we can afford it or not remains highly debatable.

on paper, that looks a belter of a team!!!! (with the exception of Cribari, who I'm still not convinced about)

It's young, pacey & very attacking (or should be...)

on paper, that looks a belter of a team!!!! (with the exception of Cribari, who I'm still not convinced about)

It's young, pacey & very attacking (or should be...)

i just threw him in because we cant sign to many new players and i had a fair few in already.