Jon Daly, Cammy Bell and Nicky Law - are you happy?

Happy with Law. Daly will score goals and hopefully we dont' see much of Bell!!!!! Nah seriously seems a decent keeper. I take it Alexander will be away shortly. I guess one of the kids will have to play the first month in goal

daly seems a bit pointless unless hes cheap.

his contract is up before the spl and tbh hes unlikely to be physically capable by then.

he wil likely cost us a million just to score goals in the lower leagues.

law and bell i really like and they are the perfect age. lots still to prove and talented.

Edited by the gunslinger

Wouldn't argue with Law and Bell, good at a decent age, but would like to hear about us looking at defenders sooner rather than later.

I sometimes feel we sign players just because they are available, rather than players who would fit into a preferred formation.

Daly is a pointless signing that will be on high wages with no sell on value and signals a worrying intent on the football we will be playing next season. No idea about the other two but they seem to be have been decent in the SPL. Only time will tell if it works out as a large amount of 'decent' SPL players end up looking out of their depth at either side of the old firm.

One thing in Bell's favour, we do not make a habit of signing bad goalkeepers.

Wouldn't argue with Law and Bell, good at a decent age, but would like to hear about us looking at defenders sooner rather than later.

I sometimes feel we sign players just because they are available, rather than players who would fit into a preferred formation.

We also rely on agents instead of scouts.

What are "high wages" these days? While we all speak about fourth and third tier football and those budgets there, we are still Rangers. The stature of the club, the support and much of the income has not changed. Apart from the odd 100k from TV deal and the unpredictable European income. Unless I am mistaken, even though the ST sales remained high, we shed two dozen players on high and highest wages. While we as fans have our very own (and rather unreal) ideas about what wages should be like, quality/experienced people will not come to us "just because" we are Rangers. They never did during NIAR et al either. That is a normal fact in life. And I would assume that hardly anyone on here knows how much our current players (bar Sandaza) earn per week and whether that is sustainable.

For the time being, I for one assume that it is, else we would not sign players left, right, and centre.

''For the time being, I for one assume that it is, else we would not sign players left, right, and centre.''

I think Managers will sign who they can, and unless someone with balls says no, they [Ally] will not take what we can afford into consideration.

Hope I am wrong in this, but going by the past I don't think so.