Dear Rangers - would you like 30 pieces of silver ?

sometimes you also need to do whats best for the greater good.

“A Man Without Honor

is Worse than Dead.”

― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Substitute Club for Man.

Without honour, there is no point or purpose to the football club - and if we accept a place in SPL2 without the appropriate apologies and compensation and turn our back on those who helped us, we will truly be a club without honour.

The Tims and others couldn't kill us, however much they tried. Don't let us do the job for them.

The honour would be in asking "why us and not Brechin, who are the next in line based on footballing merit".

Would it not be better to focus on asking questions we don't already know the answers to though?

The SPL2 is nothing but the greater evil - it's slitting the throats of the many to benefit the few.

It represents a major power shift in the game and while we're not part of it we'll be amongst 'the few'

the honorable thing to do is look at the greater good.

How would you define the greater good? Greater for whom? Greater for the SFL, who we would be betraying? Greater for the SPL who tried to kill us? Greater for us, when we have no integrity or honour left?

It is a far' date=' far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities[/quote']

The quote comes from a man who was about to have his head chopped off, not stab his friends in the back.

Would it not be better to focus on asking questions we don't already know the answers to though?

Sure, we all know the answer, but asking the question highlights their hypocrisy and our refusal to act in a similar fashion.

The idea of an SPL2 fast track is terrible. I'm really surprised to see support for it among Rangers fans. It's obviously tempting but a moment of reflection should make anyone realise that it would ruin Scottish football even more than it already has been.

We all turn up to the football to see a contest where the best team wins. Fast tracking any team abandons the idea that teams should progress according to sporting merit. It reduces the Scottish league system to a matter of who has the most fans. That is to say no longer even pretending to be about what happens on the pitch. Why should any supporters turn up in those circumstances? I'd understand if supporters, of all teams, stopped turning up altogether.

The SPL was formed as an attempt to protect a select group of clubs from failure. It has undoubtedly been bad for Scottish football. Falkirk were denied promotion. I didn't quite realise it at the time but that was a disgrace. Forced to abandon Brockville Park, near the centre of the town, for a bleak, soulless and lop sided echo chamber. Airdrieonians and Partick Thistle also invested in stadia to the detriment of both clubs. The meddling that the SPL has brought Scottish football amounts to little more than vandalism. It's important that we all remember what the game is supposed to be about and avoid being fooled by incredible notions of the greater good.

How would you define the greater good? Greater for whom? Greater for the SFL, who we would be betraying? Greater for the SPL who tried to kill us? Greater for us, when we have no integrity or honour left?

The quote comes from a man who was about to have his head chopped off, not stab his friends in the back.

i mean the greater good of scottish football. for me that has us back at the top and other clubs thriving.