Dear Rangers - would you like 30 pieces of silver ?

Whilst many have ridiculed Bill's blog on the subject as "hysteria", particularly with regard to some people having being "primed to sell this to the Rangers support, I find it concerning that his thread was pulled from FF website. despite having over 250 responses - the vast majority of which expressed a desire to reject any such invitation.

i mean the greater good of scottish football. for me that has us back at the top and other clubs thriving.

This in no way helps the greater good. Scottish football is bankrupt, financially and morally; this would only help perpetuate that for a bit longer. Our sport has been run into the ground for a couple of decades now, nobody looks out for the 'greater good', only self-interest, the people responsible for that are still in control, this simply helps them hold their positions.

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, ICT and Hearts are carrying debt they simply cannot afford, is it in the greater good to continue this? Dundee (twice), Motherwell, Hibs, Livingston have all suffered administration in the past and Dunfermline are in it just now. Scottish football has been badly run for years.

Our agreeing to this would be the opposite of what is good for Scottish football. Clubs cannot operate with the debt they carry, it needs to be shed one way or another. The game in this country needs re-thought, fans are routinely ignored, the standard of football is dire and our national team has literally become a joke.

The best thing we could do for Scottish football is to say no, we want no part of this. Football should be a meritocracy first and formost, it shouldn't be about gate size or TV revenue generation or the fact people who have proved themselves unable to run our sport need us to help them preserve their jobs. Scottish football needs a bit more pain before it comes to its senses it seems, we'd be doing everyone a favour if we ensured we helped administer that.

This isn't about revenge, it's about helping fix something that's broken.

This in no way helps the greater good. Scottish football is bankrupt, financially and morally; this would only help perpetuate that for a bit longer. Our sport has been run into the ground for a couple of decades now, nobody looks out for the 'greater good', only self-interest, the people responsible for that are still in control, this simply helps them hold their positions.

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, ICT and Hearts are carrying debt they simply cannot afford, is it in the greater good to continue this? Dundee (twice), Motherwell, Hibs, Livingston have all suffered administration in the past and Dunfermline are in it just now. Scottish football has been badly run for years.

Our agreeing to this would be the opposite of what is good for Scottish football. Clubs cannot operate with the debt they carry, it needs to be shed one way or another. The game in this country needs re-thought, fans are routinely ignored, the standard of football is dire and our national team has literally become a joke.

The best thing we could do for Scottish football is to say no, we want no part of this. Football should be a meritocracy first and formost, it shouldn't be about gate size or TV revenue generation or the fact people who have proved themselves unable to run our sport need us to help them preserve their jobs. Scottish football needs a bit more pain before it comes to its senses it seems, we'd be doing everyone a favour if we ensured we helped administer that.

We've not been offered anything yet have we ? all just pure speculation in my opinion.

i mean the greater good of scottish football. for me that has us back at the top and other clubs thriving.

I have a lot of time for you as a poster, mate - but your arse is totally out the window on this one.

What is this "Scottish football" you have in mind when you speak about the "greater good"?

Is it the SPL clubs, who you would have us crawl back to, who tried to kill us? or is it the SFL clubs who actually saved us, who you would have us betray?

if we are not about steadfastness, loyalty and dignity, what are we about?

Whilst many have ridiculed Bill's blog on the subject as "hysteria"' date=' particularly with regard to some people having being "primed to sell this to the Rangers support, I find it concerning that his thread was pulled from FF website. despite having over 250 responses - the vast majority of which expressed a desire to reject any such invitation.[/quote']

I see someone has stated another thread on FF on the same subject, mentioning your pulled post.

oF course it helps the greater good. The sooner we have a competative to division and us back in Europe the better for Scottish football. Sponsorship and tv interest relies on that.

I have a lot of time for you as a poster, mate - but your arse is totally out the window on this one.

What is this "Scottish football" you have in mind when you speak about the "greater good"?

Is it the SPL clubs, who you would have us crawl back to, who tried to kill us? or is it the SFL clubs who actually saved us, who you would have us betray?

if we are not about steadfastness, loyalty and dignity, what are we about?

Scottish football relies on us being at the top for tv, sponsorship, international players and European points.

Fortunately for me what's right for us and the investors and the greater good are all accepting any bump up.

We should just play up the greater good part.

Tell them we are doing it for their sake not ours.

But let's not forget this is affecting us as well. We have gone from being sponsored by tennents to gamers. Ibrox was empty for several league games at the end of last year. People will get used to paying less or worse not going.

We need to be careful.