Hearts, HMRC & us???

According to reports, Hearts have been threatened with ANOTHER winding up order over unpaid PAYE to the tune of £100k.....

Under CW, we were able to run up PAYE/NI debts of over £10m, yet from my knowledge there was never any mention of winding up orders....

Whats the difference??? Is it simply down to differing financial levels - ie RFC had a considerably higher turnover than Hearts & therefore the values are all relative??? Or is it back to more sinister reasons???

According to reports, Hearts have been threatened with ANOTHER winding up order over unpaid PAYE to the tune of £100k.....

Under CW, we were able to run up PAYE/NI debts of over £10m, yet from my knowledge there was never any mention of winding up orders....

Whats the difference??? Is it simply down to differing financial levels - ie RFC had a considerably higher turnover than Hearts & therefore the values are all relative??? Or is it back to more sinister reasons???

I think you answered your own question but there's certainly enough inconsistency for people to ask it.

They won't though.

I am abroad at the moment and habitually I listen to the BBC World Service. Often, there are compilations of broadcasts or summaries from journos on various current affairs, politics, sports, ...... etc. Anyways, last weekend I heard Tom English spend several minutes pleading Hearts as a special case. He was urging the SPL to find a way to accommodate Hearts. He acknowledged what he was pleading would not play well with Rangers supporters, and exacerbated his plea by utilising the Rangers scenario as the way NOT to go, "we can see what a disaster for the game that's been".

I suspect the Hootsman might be about to lead the charge to save Hertz?

David Murray a while back:

SIR David Murray wants a full investigation into the tax operation that made Rangers a toxic brand.

A source close to the former Ibrox chief claimed Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs had a vendetta against the club.

How taxman probe took Rangers to brink of oblivion

They said the taxmen knew three months into Craig Whyte’s reign that he had not paid PAYE – and yet they did nothing.

The source added: “They effectively destroyed a Scottish institution.

“They made the club unsellable because of the potential debt.

“They ladled the final total with interest and penalties and got it up to about £80-odd million, didn’t they?

“The actual amount that Rangers went down for is only the losses that Craig Whyte incurred since he took over the club.

“The actual amount HMRC claimed Rangers owed them started off at about £37million.

“They put on penalties and interest to build it up, even though they were not due the £37million in the first place.

“There are more questions than answers now.

“They knew three months after Craig Whyte took over the club he was not paying his taxes.

“They knew he was not paying his bills – so why did they not pull him down then? Why did HMRC allow Craig Whyte to continue in business?

“They are not allowing Hearts not to pay their PAYE, are they?

“They made Rangers totally unsellable.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sir-david-murray-blasts-hmrc-1447905

I am abroad at the moment and habitually I listen to the BBC World Service. Often, there are compilations of broadcasts or summaries from journos on various current affairs, politics, sports, ...... etc. Anyways, last weekend I heard Tom English spend several minutes pleading Hearts as a special case. He was urging the SPL to find a way to accommodate Hearts. He acknowledged what he was pleading would not play well with Rangers supporters, and exacerbated his plea by utilising the Rangers scenario as the way NOT to go, "we can see what a disaster for the game that's been".

I suspect the Hootsman might be about to lead the charge to save Hertz?

English passes himself off as Jambo IIRC?

Isn't a surprise such 'neutrals' have suddenly learned their lesson after Rangers have been relegated for 4 years and Celtic get a free run at the CL money?

Yes Frankie, call it like it is. Complete double standards. Hearts are bust and there is no chance of that debt being repaid. Everyone knows it.

Surely "sporting integrity" demands that if Hearts aren't a going concern then they should have to face the same penalties that we did last summer. Shame, just makes it even easier for Celtic until we get back.

English passes himself off as Jambo IIRC?

Isn't a surprise such 'neutrals' have suddenly learned their lesson after Rangers have been relegated for 4 years and Celtic get a free run at the CL money?

TomBhoy is just another upper middle class prig in the offices of the Hootsmon. It's crowded, Aidan Smith remains Lord Snooty. They do all their cerebral jogging on the cobbles of Stockbridge, attempting to acquire working class credibility to lend weight to their musings.

A Hootsmon Saturday is picking up le Jambonneau avec moutard a le marche de Sockbridge , Nip over to le chateau de Tyne and morph into le jammie jambo, Hearty Harry. A tout de suite spin to the Grange, jam in the last hour's play.

Aidan and Tom are today's Mr Ben.

On a rather pragmatic note, HMRC got serious flak for their dealings with Whyte and Rangers. Hence, I do assume that they will not go down the same route with HEarts and thus will go haring after any unpaid taxes and PAYE as soon as it becomes known to them. As much as it is lamentable that they failed with Whyte, I'd rather see them coming out when the problem becomes known, as unfortunate as it is for Hearts now.

SDM makes some great points in that article, it has to be said. It's complete speculation of course but it wouldn't surprise me if there was intervention from a prominent Tim ie John Reid to allow the case to accumulate and for the mythical penalties and fines to be publicly talked about by HMRC.

If that was true and it came out the fall-out would be monumental.