Easdale becomes a director and M Murray stays

There's no facts that I know of but these are few and far between when it comes to such matters.

However, one of the brothers was obviously convicted for fraud. Given what happened with Whyte (and add in the dubious behaviour of Ahmad), it's no wonder our fans are suspicious.

Not to mention them giving a recent interview to BBC Scotland which was a PR own goal.

It wasn't aimed at you mate. It was a general comment to posters. As I stated in an earlier post in this thread I think people (like James Mortimer) should be allowed to re-create their 'notorious' image and move on. I wonder how many would call James an 'unfit' character these days due to the publicity around his excellent charity work etc. And this was a guy who had the reputation as the Glasgow 'gangster' at one time.

It wasn't aimed at you mate. It was a general comment to posters. As I stated in an earlier post in this thread I think people (like James Mortimer) should be allowed to re-create their 'notorious' image and move on. I wonder how many would call James an 'unfit' character these days due to the publicity around his excellent charity work etc. And this was a guy who had the reputation as the Glasgow 'gangster' at one time.

Absolutely. Does James still wine and dine Mr Whyte? :(

Absolutely. Does James still wine and dine Mr Whyte? :(

My understanding is that in the early days of Mr Whyte's tenure he tried to have a conversation with him about Rangers at one such top table (being that Whyte's family were all real bluenoses :P). Apparently JM was none too pleased, to put it mildly, when he very quickly realised that CW couldn't hold a decent conversation about our Club's history or players, and was basically a shyster.

I believe JM was close to wining and dining ON Whyte that night. Maybe a blessing for Whyte that it wasn't the 'old' James Mortimer.

You what? I'm like a dubious Rangers-hating journalist just because I have some worries about the brother of a guy that was convicted of fraud becoming a director of our club.

I suggest you reword that mate. :D

Rangers supporters were rightly indignant when we were asked to surrender titles before any evidence of wrong doing was produced. So what is the problem with James Easdale? What has he done wrong? His brother was convicted of a crime many years ago and he paid the price. I suspect that if any of our family had.done wrong many years ago and had paid the price, we would be indignant, if their indiscretion was being cast up against them.

Sorry if the Tom English comment irritated you, Frankie, but Tom English is prepared to be critical without demonstrating much evidence for his criticism. Please explain why James Easdale is unsuitable to be a board member. He seems to have satisfied Walter Smith that he was acceptable. I know that when it comes to Rangers matters that To English an Frankie are a million miles apart and that is why it is so disappointing that you have made the anti-James Easdale remarks without providing a basis for doing so. That is what Tom English does.

I have heard numerous times that they are this and they are that, but for people no living locally in the area they grew up in we have no knowledge of this and no one is willing to provide evidence.

So it is either old wifey tales or they are good at what they do which can't be a bad thing.

Or perhaps people value their safety?

Posters were removed from various sites for flagging up whyte was a chancer, when to many he was an out and out second coming, The City was aghast that such a stoker could have pulled off such a penniless takeover, albeit with the collusion and artless assistance of a useless Scottish press.

I prefer that gangsters of any hue get their comeuppance in the here and now rather than the hereafter, the damage that they cause to the wider community is not something I am for forgetting about, even if it is camouflaged by alleged charity works, which are always a good tax dodge.

Or perhaps people value their safety?

Too far now!! It's not the Kray twins or Mad Frankie Fraser we're discussing here. Lets get a touch of reality here. There's harder guys selling 'gear' up closes in Glasgow these days.

Too far now!! It's not the Kray twins or Mad Frankie Fraser we're discussing here. Lets get a touch of reality here. There's harder guys selling 'gear' up closes in Glasgow these days.

So if you know that about them then why all the questions?