Easdale becomes a director and M Murray stays

What does it say about the standards we set at our club, or the values it has traditionally stood for, when you have a guy who went to jail for being dishonest? How can we trust him to put the club's interest before his own?

He may or may not be a reformed character, but this doesn't pass my own personal fit and proper person test and I'm deeply unhappy.

What does it say about the standards we set at our club, or the values it has traditionally stood for, when you have a guy who went to jail for being dishonest? How can we trust him to put the club's interest before his own?

He may or may not be a reformed character, but this doesn't pass my own personal fit and proper person test and I'm deeply unhappy.

It's not him mate - it's his brother. Although clearly they come as a package.

I don't know them so I am no judge but many say they are just gangsters.

'Gangster' is a very loosely used and mis-used term IMHO. If they walk through the door carrying violin cases then I may change my mind. Many businessmen start off with a 'by hook or by 'crook' approach to becoming successful, so in their early days of getting there they become known as 'gangsters' because they are pretty ruthless in what they do. Then when they get success they very quickly want to become legitimate - who wants to get 'dubbed up' when you have a full bank balance?

James Mortimer is the prime example. In his hey dey when Victoria's night club in Glasgow got into full swing James was known in many circles as 'THE Glasgow gangster' especially after the demise of Arthur Thompson. James would frequently walk into Ibrox in his camel hair coat surrounded by his 'men'. However he very quickly became a very successful businessman who does piles of great charity work, and found himself very often sitting at the top table in functions etc with Walter & co. His name is all over the radio now for the right reasons. It does not pay these guys to constantly be known as 'dodgy'.

I think they will be fine. I'm willing to bet in 2 years time we won't even be discussing their past.

I don't know these guys much, but I have heard they're quite shrewd in business and have been successful in what they do.

Which "Rangers minded" businessmen who are interested in buying in to us are there around?

Most successful businessmen have cut corners to be better than the rest.

If they are "dodgy", then they must be open in any dealings involving the Club.

I say we should accept what's happened and move forward and stop worrying about what others may think.

I say "let them be judged by what they do, not by what they have done"...

I know nothing about them, other than McGill's buses appear to be doing pretty well. They may turn out to be a good thing for the club....maybe not - time will tell.

Do people really think they are being tagged with the sobriquet 'Gangsters' because they cut some corners or avoided some tax? Those activities are not what get you that reputation for.

I'm with Bluedell, this is not good news for the club, a very worrying turn of events.

IMHO, in the current climate, they make good press victims and will simply be classed (by many) in a similar category as Whyte. It just comes easy to them now.

I for one know nothing about them, much like I knew nothing about any of our current and lots of our previous directors, chairmen and CEOs.

Am I right in saying that the new director is not the one jailed?

The problem is the Brother who is to become a Director has never been convicted of anything, has been accepted as a fit and proper person in other areas of business and either has or will pass the SFA's tests. (I imagine the appointment is conditional on this). People are innocent until proven guilty, that's the way the system works and until something is proved he is free to engage in any legal activity. He owns a number of shares and clearly has the support of sufficient other shareholders to be elected as a Director.

He must believe that there is nothing in his past or present that will cause him problems, as he will now come under a level of scrutiny that will make anything he has been subjected to in the past seem like a walk in the park.