Ally McCoist for all his good work for Rangers won't succeed as a manager of the club for sure..I was thinking - Would you take Gordon Strachan as the man to lead us to greatness again?

Wee Gord has proven ability as a manager and knows how to bring the best out of pretty mediocre footballers. Ally seems to do the opposite.

This isn't a joke, I'm really serious...would you take Strachan right now to take us forward?

I'd grab it

Ignoring the Ally stuff for now - yes I would take Strachan at some point. Have wondered aloud about this before and seems to be met with general (perhaps grudging) agreement. They never liked him anyway!

If the position was available today I'd have no problem with Strachan taking over, and he'd be higher up on my realistic preference list than most names that have been mentioned. I actually think in the right circumstances he'd do a better job for us than he did them.

A few players now like Miller and Mo Johnston have played for both, there will be a time when a manager has done both also.

I don't see Strachans proven ability at all. His biggest success was at a club who spent 50-100 times what all their rivals could, hardly a level playing field. He has had one decent result for Scotland against a team who never bothered to turn up and you have him spoke about in terms of Rangers manager, c'mon. Failed at Coventry, Southampton and Middlesbrough. He is a poor football manager and a horrible little arrogant chip on his shoulder clown. I do agree McCoist won't make it long term but Strachan is not the answer.

I'd reckon Ally is in the third & final year of his contract which Martin Bain gave him just before Whyte arrived on the scene. At some point this season I'd think the club would need to say whether he's getting a new contract or not