New SPFL Structures voted through: 12-10-10-10

How can anyone complain, it was passed by the requisite majority. I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. The SFL clubs took part in a democratic vote. Personally I think they've been mugs to vote the way they did but it's their funeral.

We're in the same league as the SPL clubs this season as opposed to next (if the vote had gone the other way the SPL2 plan would surely have kicked in). As far as I can see that's the only difference and it's hardly a big one.

All we can do is to challenge the SPL and SFA about their behaviour last year, which could spell serious trouble for the SPL. How no journo asked about the open blackmail to transfer our membership, the transfer embargo et al ... is still beyond me.

Why would they be concerned about questions and answers which would help us out? That is not their agenda!

Grant Russell @STVGrant

A U-turn from the new SPFL as it is ruled trialists can play in league games in the bottom three divisions:

How nice of them, maybe they finally realised shafting all the wee clubs at the same time was not the way to go.

The current SFL rule which places a limit upon the number of players aged over 21 in a club's squad will not be included in the new SPFL regulations.

Clubs will also not be limited as to how many players they can have registered at any one time.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/229437-rangers-can-field-trialists-in-new-scottish-professional-football-league/?

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrone Smith@TyroneSTV1hinteresting day ahead at Hampden - having received due diligence several SFL clubs are considering changing their mind on league recon

a resolution due 1st thing this morning to formally dissolve the SFL has been delayed until later today, so SFL clubs can discuss situation

SPFL bombshell as Annan chief launches last gasp bid to KO new league structure27 Jun 2013 07:55HENRY McCLELLAND has serious concerns that the new set-up will kill off smaller clubs and has written to the SFL board members ahead of today's meeting to vote through merger with the SPL.

8014124-1171656.jpgThe SFL are meeting at hampden this morning

ANNAN chairman Henry McClelland last night sent a letter to each of the nine-man SFL board advising them to consult their solicitors before voting to merge with the SPL at Hampden today.

The 11th-hour bombshell came in a detailed warning that due diligence needs to be done before the SFL

volunteers to end its 123-year history.

Otherwise there could be personal liabilities faced by those who create financial loss for the lower-league clubs.

Resolution Three, which has to be passed before the new SPFL is formed at the start of next season, will be debated at an SFL board meeting which begins at 8.30am at Hampden.But McClelland believes the final hurdle in the merger talks is where the plan could fall.He said: â??Thereâ??s a strong suspicion end-of-season payments could be significantly compromised by this arrangement. Iâ??m not sure we yet have a clear picture of the projected costs of going forward with the SPFL.â??A number of points need to be clarified, such as the amount of money that could go out of the pot if legal cases against the SPL result in financial loss.â?

I fear SPFL will leave clubs like mine marginalised to the point of irrelevance, says Annan chairman Henry McClelland

Former Celt Harry Hood has a £1.7million compensation claim outstanding against the SPL.And the Annan chief says SFL clubs are still unclear of whatâ??s happening with a £500,000 claim for legal costs Rangers were pursuing after they were investigated over the Big Tax Case.McClelland also wants to know the projected costs associated with redundancy payments, merger expenses and contract-related issues.He said: â??If the SPFL is signed off and it results in financial losses there must be accountability.â??But if due diligence hasnâ??t been carried out to the SFLâ??s satisfaction the board must halt merger talks before any more meetings at Hampden.â??To consider Resolution Three fully the SFL board must have a clear picture of how each member club is affected.â?SFL president Jim Ballantyne was unavailable for comment last night and chief executive David Longmuir declined to talk until the jobs of his office staff have been discussed.