A bitter Irishman by the name of English attacking us in a Scottish rhag.

What is actually stated is probably fact...it's how its presented - especially where HMRC is concerned - that is the problem.

RFC's Issue with the tax man is portrayed as being the most horendous crime known to man (along with the other crimes). Hearts issues with the same body, over the same issues is portrayed as being a valiant effort from Hearts to meet their obligations.

The real truth is that firstly HMRC allowed RFC to run up a £13m debt before they acted. Hearts have had several Winding-up orders thrown at them due to non-payment of monies. They reached agreement with HMRC over the re-payments, then get hit with ANOTHER bill for outstanding monies, which they failed to pay in completion. They have also failed to pay players/staff of several occasions, in some cases with delays of 2-3 months (Remember Ian Black talking about starting Painting & decorating again to cover his own costs).

What has been Hearts punishment to date - a couple of transfer embargo's.....WHEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED!!!!

Hearts Administrator is quoted in the paper today saying that any fine handed down by the SFA could finally sink the club once & for all.....who wants to bet that no fine will be dished out???

What is fact is that criminal investigations are still ongoing which may result in the club and fans being the victims of criminal actions, if this is found to be the case will the authorities under whatever guise they now call themselves have anywhere near enough to pay damages.

I'm not sure I've a huge problem with what English is saying. There are differences between us and Hearts and Hearts should expect to be fined for non paying of PAYE and non paying of players and I'd say also for bringing the game into disrepute. At the same time I don't really see the point in levying a fine on a club who clearly can't pay it.

His points about Whyte and the fines we received for his involvement with our club are unfortunately accurate.

I'm not sure I've a huge problem with what English is saying. There are differences between us and Hearts and Hearts should expect to be fined for non paying of PAYE and non paying of players and I'd say also for bringing the game into disrepute. At the same time I don't really see the point in levying a fine on a club who clearly can't pay it.

His points about Whyte and the fines we received for his involvement with our club are unfortunately accurate.

Whilst I agree with this, it would also show that the SPL have a distinct lack of consistency. We were fined 160k under the exact same set of financial circumstances last year. The SPL KNEW we couldnt pay the fine but levied it anyway. Hearts should be treated no differently. They should be levied the fine (whatever the quantum) whether they can pay it or not.

The media and the rest of Scottish football wanted contrition from us, they also now want us to just "get over it and move on" - until and unless clubs are treated consistently with how we were it simply wont happen. Sadly, the fans of many other clubs (including Hearts) believe we, rather than being kicked whilst down, were being given aid and assistance as we are the establishment club. You couldnt make it up.

Whilst I agree with this, it would also show that the SPL have a distinct lack of consistency. We were fined 160k under the exact same set of financial circumstances last year. The SPL KNEW we couldnt pay the fine but levied it anyway. .

I believe we could pay it....either through cash or with-holding prize money.

I believe we could pay it....either through cash or with-holding prize money.

Fair point.

Hearts must be due some form of prize money too - not much admittedly but they are still due prize money. They SHOULD be fined for bringing the game into disrepute for non-payment of player wages and non payment of their tax obligations. Their prize money should be withheld, same as ours.

I'm not sure I've a huge problem with what English is saying.

It's more what he *doesn't* say that's the problem.

We were found innocent of all the trumped up charges brought against us for crimes we didn't commit and those we were found guilty of came as a result of the actions of a fly-by-night crook and had nothing to do with Rangers as it had existed for 140 years previously. These were the actions of a criminal and not of an established football club.

Of this, Tom makes not a mention.

According to Tom, Rangers FC was the perpetrator of crimes and not, as was actually the case, the victim of crimes.

A crook was able to take over our club illegally. This crook was allowed to wreak havoc and destruction whilst the authorities, footballing and financial, stood by and watched (and waited?) - and whilst members of the Rangers board were resigning and/or calling for action against Whyte.

We were found not to have had any sporting advantage as a result of the (legal) EBT scheme, the scheme for which we were made unsaleable and ultimately forced into liquidation; the scheme for which they wanted to take away our trophies and titles Hearts, on the other hand, deliberately lied, misled and defrauded their own supporters by taking season ticket money for tickets which they knew would never be printed. Not only that, they lied and tricked their way, by using the proceeds of this fraud, to survive to the end of the season, thereby relegating Dundee and stripping people there of their livelihoods.

Of this, Tom makes not a mention.

why read anything this man puts in print

How else is he and others like him to be challenged if nobody reads what is written?,unless you are suggesting we just let anybody write anything about Rangers and Rangers fans unchallenged and corrected on facts?.

How else is he and others like him to be challenged if nobody reads what is written?,unless you are suggesting we just let anybody write anything about Rangers and Rangers fans unchallenged and corrected on facts?.

its not the fans who should be having a go at english it should be the club and their legal team if he has put out lies about the club get the blighter into court .