I mentioned before after seeing a photo of Ally and KMcD together. Ally looks likes he is hammering the bottle. I'm not criticising - there but for the grace of God and all that, but it's not good to see in a Rangers manager if he is going to look like that for too long. Unshaven and looking like his blood pressure needs checked - soon!

Alex Ferguson looks like a heavy drinker. Don't think Man U fans were bothered.

I don't think sticking the Rangers manager in a dark room to be grilled by a shit stirring hack who then bills it as a no-holds barred interview is a good idea. I find it worrying that this is the sort of in-house media content Traynor sees as the way forward for Rangers.

I think Ally was understandably unsettled by this setting and line of questioning. Let's face it. If they'd tried the same thing with Walter back in the day Traynor would have been seeking medical attention before he got half way through that interview.

Maybe it's just me, but when you've got a manager who's approachable and enjoys a chat, why would you think this is the way to get answers to these types of questions? Then again subtlety's never been one of Traynor's strong points.

One of the things that came out of this is that he was asking the questions and putting up the criticism that fans have been giving - and getting the answers, if not the best worded. If nothing else the acknowledgement is there.

One of the things that came out of this is that he was asking the questions and putting up the criticism that fans have been giving - and getting the answers, if not the best worded. If nothing else the acknowledgement is there.

If that's the point then why not record a Q&A session with the supporters groups? Even if Traynor wanted to plant a couple of employees to make sure his questions were asked, it would still likely make for a more relaxed interview, get more coherent responses from the interviewee and all round be a better watch.

Maybe it's just me, but when you've got a manager who's approachable and enjoys a chat, why would you think this is the way to get answers to these types of questions?

With that approach, there would have been just as much criticism - too easy going etc.

Supporters groups aren't professionals and there is likely chances you'd either get them being too sycophantic or the "hard man" doing the opposite and verging on abuse.

Ally can and does travel halfway round the world to take part in Q&A sessions with supporters. He handles himself well in media press conferences the majority of the time.

Unlike Green did last year when he held a few local Q&A's, Ally probably won't tell the supporters everything they want to hear, but I can't see why he wouldn't be able to interact in a civil discussion with the season ticket holders.

Instead we've got Mr football phone-in playing the part of our mouthpiece and Ally being made to look out of touch with our thoughts. Piss poor PR imo and Jim Traynor really must do better.