Green Demands 'Gers Showdown - The Sun

Easdales voted on to the Board this week, Cenkos parting company.

On twitter today as well.

Presumably just James. I don't believe Sandy is looking for a formal seat on the board at this point.

Matter of fact, I just found the official site's take on it: Share Information

These are shares in Rangers International Football Club plc, correct?

Now, would someone in the know please explain:

Rangers has an issued share capital of 65,096,056 Ordinary Shares of 1 pence each. No Ordinary Shares are held in treasury.

As at Admission, 85.7% of the Company’s issued Ordinary Shares of 1p each will be in public hands. The Ordinary Shares of 1p each in the capital of Rangers International Football Club plc are freely transferable.

If King happens by and buys shares for 10m, i.e. roughly 20m shares (some 28%?), he would own exactly how much of which shares ... and what portion of the "club" (sic!)? As in, King would own shares in Rangers IFCplc, but is the latter owned by someone else too?

Who w-/could stop King buying 20m shares, BTW?

Edited by der Berliner

Matter of fact, I just found the official site's take on it: Share Information

These are share in Rangers International Football Club plc, correct?

Now, would someone in the know please explain:

If King happens by and buys shares for 10m, i.e. roughly 20m shares (some 28%?), he would own exactly how much of which shares ... and what portion of the "club" (sic!)? As in, King would own shares in Rangers IFCplc, but is the latter owned by someone else too?

Who w-/could stop King buying 20m shares, BTW?

There is only one lot of shares, so if King bought 28% then he would own 28%.

I am not sure what the definition of "public hands" is.

For King to buy 20m shares, he would need to find willing sellers, but otherwise there's nothing to stop him doing so, although I'd have thought that if he was going to buy shares he would want to go for 51%.

You'll get more success trolling over on RM or even FF than you will here.

Perhaps you can enlighten us all on here as to what exactly this "agenda" is?

Trolling are you taking the piss when you are trolling magobblegivers latest wet dream as some sort of divine revelation, didn't you remember where you found your little nugget of info or to embarrassed to reveal.

Trolling are you taking the piss when you are trolling magobblegivers latest wet dream as some sort of divine revelation, didn't you remember where you found your little nugget of info or to embarrassed to reveal.

I simply never reveal who tells me what.

If the admin doubt its' accuracy then they will remove it, time will tell.

There is only one lot of shares, so if King bought 28% then he would own 28%.

I am not sure what the definition of "public hands" is.

For King to buy 20m shares, he would need to find willing sellers, but otherwise there's nothing to stop him doing so, although I'd have thought that if he was going to buy shares he would want to go for 51%.

These majority people listed at the club's home page ...

Charles Green (5,071,629 - 7.79%), Hargreave Hale Limited (5,022,000 - 7.71%), Artemis Investment Management LLP (4,286,000 - 6.58%), Blue Pitch Holding (4,000,000 - 6.14%) Mike Ashley (3,000,000 - 4.61%), Margarita Funds Holding Trust (2,600,000 - 3.99%), Cazenove Capital Management Limited (2,450,000 - 3.76%) Richard Hughes (2,200,000 - 3.38%), Imran Ahmad (2,200,000 - 3.38%) and Legal & General Investment Management Limited (2,000,000 - 3.07%) ...

... own all in all just over 50% of the shares. So there just under 49% out there and are we to expect that they are all owned by someone or some 100s of minority shareholders and none of them are freely up for sale?

Similarly, if I win the Euromillion next Friday and want to buy 10m shares, go to the relevant broker and ask him to do it, would that be possible? I see that there are daily share trades, so by default, there must be shares readily on offer (at least certain amounts)?

These majority people listed at the club's home page ...

Charles Green (5,071,629 - 7.79%), Hargreave Hale Limited (5,022,000 - 7.71%), Artemis Investment Management LLP (4,286,000 - 6.58%), Blue Pitch Holding (4,000,000 - 6.14%) Mike Ashley (3,000,000 - 4.61%), Margarita Funds Holding Trust (2,600,000 - 3.99%), Cazenove Capital Management Limited (2,450,000 - 3.76%) Richard Hughes (2,200,000 - 3.38%), Imran Ahmad (2,200,000 - 3.38%) and Legal & General Investment Management Limited (2,000,000 - 3.07%) ...

... own all in all just over 50% of the shares. So there just under 49% out there and are we to expect that they are all owned by someone or some 100s of minority shareholders and none of them are freely up for sale?

Similarly, if I win the Euromillion next Friday and want to buy 10m shares, go to the relevant broker and ask him to do it, would that be possible? I see that there are daily share trades, so by default, there must be shares readily on offer (at least certain amounts)?

Only shareholdings over 3% are notifiable.