Malcolm Murray - Open letter

All can be taken as tickety boo? Christ on a bike, that's a cracker! Things haven't been tickety boo at the club for well over a decade and the past 18 months are arguably the lowest point in the club's history. We've also probably got more liars and thieves filling their boots with hard working Bears' season ticket cash than ever before and yet everything is tickety boo? Give me strength! :facepalm:

So who exactly is filling whose pockets, do you mean the owners or something less subtle, and Walter is sitting back while all this is happening, a nice drama with less substance than a Charlie racist slur, give me strength indeed. :seal:

So who exactly is filling whose pockets, do you mean the owners or something less subtle, and Walter is sitting back while all this is happening, a nice drama with less substance than a Charlie racist slur, give me strength indeed. :seal:

Well, we have institutional investors. I'm sure you're aware that there are a bunch of groups and individuals looking to make a profit by taking more money out of the club than they initially put in. As I understand it, they're looking to make as good a profit as they can.

At low levels, spread out over time, it's not much of a problem. At high levels these outgoings could be a big drain on the club. It'll be hard to compete for the national title if we are carrying a much larger overhead than our main rivals. Every penny paid out to investors is one that can't be spent on strengthening the squad.

How much do you think we should be paying out each year? Wouldn't £0.00 be the best value?

Edited by Thinker

Well, we have institutional investors. I'm sure you're aware that there are a bunch of groups and individuals looking to make a profit by taking more money out of the club than they initially put in. As I understand it, they're looking to make as good a profit as they can.

At low levels, spread out over time, it's not much of a problem. At high levels these outgoings could be a big drain on the club. It'll be hard to compete for the national title if we are carrying a much larger overhead than our main rivals. Every penny paid out to investors is one that can't be spent on strengthening the squad.

How much do you think we should be paying out each year? Wouldn't £0.00 be the best value?

Not to strangely that is how business works, or would you rather they take a loss for their risk and the club suffers the consequences, share issue, there may not have been a share issue if Green hadn't put cash rather than rhetoric down, we all know who spouted the rhetoric but kept their hands firmly in their pockets.

Not to strangely that is how business works, or would you rather they take a loss for their risk and the club suffers the consequences, share issue, there may not have been a share issue if Green hadn't put cash rather than rhetoric down, we all know who spouted the rhetoric but kept their hands firmly in their pockets.

Well, obviously I'd rather they took as small a profit as possible spread over as long a period as possible. That would allow for more money to be ploughed back into the club, and hopefully lead to more success on the park.

I don't have anything particularly positive to say about either TBK or SDM. What I am saying is that in an ideal world I'd like us to be in the same position as many clubs, with owners who put money in rather than take money out. Is that so crazy?

Well, obviously I'd rather they took as small a profit as possible spread over as long a period as possible. That would allow for more money to be ploughed back into the club, and hopefully lead to more success on the park.

I don't have anything particularly positive to say about either TBK or SDM. What I am saying is that in an ideal world I'd like us to be in the same position as many clubs, with owners who put money in rather than take money out. Is that so crazy?

What clubs would that be, not Real Madrid not Barca not Man u or the vast majority of the EPL or football in general. owners who put money in for no return are thinner on the ground than gnat's piss

What clubs would that be, not Real Madrid not Barca not Man u or the vast majority of the EPL or football in general. owners who put money in for no return are thinner on the ground than gnat's piss

That's simply not true. Pretty much every club in Scotland with the possible exception of Celtic have owners who put in but get no return. In England it is pretty much the norm too, football clubs are not normal businesses. Oh, and Real Madrid, Barca and Man U have debt that would startle most companies.

That's simply not true. Pretty much every club in Scotland with the possible exception of Celtic have owners who put in but get no return. In England it is pretty much the norm too, football clubs are not normal businesses. Oh, and Real Madrid, Barca and Man U have debt that would startle most companies.

Yet the majority of SPL clubs seem to complain about their ownership as well, same in England.

TBH I couldn't tell you what proportion of clubs pay out dividends, but it's an enviable position to be in. We didn't do it until this year.

The important point is that, since we are paying out, we need to make sure that it's at a low enough rate that it doesn't impact on our success. Will institutional investors who have no emotional attachment to the club see it that way?