Reading between the lines of a few things that have happened in the last week or so...

1) Mike Ashley rumoured to be interested in increasing his stake

2) Ahmad seemingly talking to Bill McMurdo who is then blogging about Mather's salary and the lack of cost reduction

3) Further rumours about CG wanting to return

4) Other rumours about potential interested parties looking at acquring shares...

Seems to me that key investors have parachuted Green in to make sure their interests are assured - i.e. to make the maximise the value of their shares if and when someone makes a bid.

Just my amateur and uninformed view though.

I'm pleased to see him back even if it's a back seat role, shouldn't have needed to end the way it did.

It was self inflicted the way it ended.... No need to make him the victim

And we have little need for a "consultant" who doesn't have the necessary background regarding capital structuring..... And I have my doubts that he has the necessary qualifications for shareholder relations either....

Your justification of having him back that it is ok to spend money on his consulting fees because we are spending money on the squad is naive at best !

Not so much a justification, more that if people are worried about costs Green being in a consultancy role is hardly the only thing to worry about.

Where are they in the business world?

There are plenty of them, despite your cynicism.

Besides, shareholder relations it is critical to be truthful to the stockholders in the company

Reading between the lines of a few things that have happened in the last week or so...

1) Mike Ashley rumoured to be interested in increasing his stake

2) Ahmad seemingly talking to Bill McMurdo who is then blogging about Mather's salary and the lack of cost reduction

3) Further rumours about CG wanting to return

4) Other rumours about potential interested parties looking at acquring shares...

Seems to me that key investors have parachuted Green in to make sure their interests are assured - i.e. to make the maximise the value of their shares if and when someone makes a bid.

Just my amateur and uninformed view though.

Agree with that conclusion but also feel this 'external' role could just be a ruse to distance himself from footballing authority bureaucracy while actually taking a much more hands-on position than the LSE release details.

Not so much a justification, more that if people are worried about costs Green being in a consultancy role is hardly the only thing to worry about.

The playing squad, as it is, would cost us money to reduce. By not hiring Green would have cost us nothing.

Nobody said it is the only thing to worry about but it does come across as a needless expense, unlike having playing staff

Agree with that conclusion but also feel this 'external' role could just be a ruse to distance himself from footballing authority bureaucracy while actually taking a much more hands-on position than the LSE release details.

Agreed. Can't say that I'm looking forward to the Romanov-esque statements though.