Who ?

Guest Chelios

Sorry mate, but you can only staunchly back someone in the face of results (and maybe even more importantly, performances) for so long. Final straw on Saturday, coming after repeated displays last year seemingly calculated to drive people away from football. I can handle the odd bad result but we don't seem to be able to coach any level of passing football into our team.

These players on Saturday are either pros like McCulloch or kids who have come through the ranks. Either way their level of ability is just shocking - it's really unacceptable. I appreciate the circumstances but the coaching staff - all of them - have had just over a year now to get the likes of Robbie Crawford or Ross Perry going and I haven't seen any sign of it. Swansea fans must drool, wondering what their next gen of players will provide. We are so far away from that its unreal, and its the coaching staff who have to take the rap. Don't forget they were in situ for a while before Whyte and armegeddon so they've had a few years and our football is absolutely rank rotten.

There's no chance of me booing or holding up a sign at Ibrox. But there's no sign of any sort of improvement outside of the old 'buy other teams' good players' routine and we need to be doing it the Swansea way. There's no alternative.

It won't be up until Monday but I'd urge anyone who thinks they are passionate about football to listen to the 'Test Match Special' lunch break podcast with Neville if they have a spare 20 minutes. He sounded just like the kind of person Rangers fans would really get behind, and the kind of person who would 'get' the pressure of OF management and deal with it, in a way that the current two incumbents haven't really.

A big disappointment for me last season was the lack of progress. Our performances were as bad in April as in the autumn. There was no evidence that Ally and his two sidekicks had the capability to improve players. Phil Neville comes over very well but he is too rich for our blood and no one in their right mind would give up the Sky job and involvement with the England national team to join the Scottish football scene. Ally needs courage and help. He needs to have the courage to say to McDowall and Ian Durrant that it hasn't worked out. Both Jimmy Calderwood and Ray Wilkins are guys who would offer Ally the help that he needs. They have been mentioned previously by others and I believe that they would benefit both Ally and the playing squad.

Ally needs courage and help. He needs to have the courage to say to McDowall and Ian Durrant that it hasn't worked out. Both Jimmy Calderwood and Ray Wilkins are guys who would offer Ally the help that he needs. They have been mentioned previously by others and I believe that they would benefit both Ally and the playing squad.

Ally could definitely get better assistants and it would obviously help matters considerably, but I really can't see him turning his back on McDowall & Durrant. If the reports from last season were correct, then Ally had the opportunity to let them go and replace them, but stood by them just like Walter stands by Ally and will walk if Ally is sacked or forced out.

Ally could definitely get better assistants and it would obviously help matters considerably, but I really can't see him turning his back on McDowall & Durrant. If the reports from last season were correct, then Ally had the opportunity to let them go and replace them, but stood by them just like Walter stands by Ally and will walk if Ally is sacked or forced out.

Ive said since day 1 Ally is ruining his managerial career by not having better coaches and assistants around him.

Let's look at this another way?

I really think Ally deserves to be looked after well by the Club and the fans.

Why not have him on the board as the fans representative? He could sit on the board, keep on eye on things, and meet the major fan groups on a regular basis.

Two birds with one stone.

I would then feel a lot more comfortable about discussing his replacement.

Another thing is that if Ally goes, McDowall and Durranty would have to go as well.

Any new manager worth his salt would want hi own guys in place.

I like the idea of a manager who knows how to work with kids and can spot a players get the best out of their talents. (Billy Reid, Derek Adams for example).

I keep reading on here and other boards that McCoist should go because of results like sundays. For me that misses the point and dismisses the bigger picture. One-off results shouldn't be the reason that Ally should go. IMO he should go because our perfomances have been consistently awful. Ally should go because he has shown an overall lack of vision and tactical awareness and has not been able to get the best out of players (in some cases the exact opposite). I don't care if he didn't have a pre-season last year. That shouldn't be a reason for the utter lack of development in our footballing style and ethos. Can anyone honestly describe what our style is? Seems to me it's a case of...assemble a squad of highly priced players with SPL experience and just expect them to win over the part timers. That is staggering one dimensional attitude to what lies ahead of us over the next few years.

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose