Is this the MOST EMBARRASSING result in Rangers History?

12 under, including a few regulars. Probably one of our youngest starting eleven these last 12 months. A stand-in centre half gets caught early on and we're up hill from then on. Little alone squandered 5 chances, some others followed suit. From the sound of it, we played them off the park during much of the second half. And then the old rule of any cup game strikes you down, whether you are Rangers, ManU or Barca. If you don't take your chances, the opposition will grab what little gets in their way. Seen it before and will see it again.

These are no excuses, just experience and facts.

When the Paul Murray stuff came out yesterday, I had that nagging feeling in the back of my mind saying: hey, great timing! Couldn't have waited till Sunday or Monday, aye? Then came Green's words, Mather's statement. What a way to introduce everyone to the first meaningful game this season.

And BTW folks, we should finally grow some ba...ckbone and take the odd draw and defeat that we will face on the chin and don't come up with that utterly childish babble about "worst" or "most embarrassing" result every time a game goes against us. We have over the years seen stuff that beggars belief, but we also have seen us dominate the rest of Scotland for the best part of 3 decades. Any level-headed Bear will still know that we are plying our trade in a game of chance though. By default, our chances are greater than that of our opposition. Over the years, we've taken almost all of our chances too. Given the circumstances, I don't mind if the opposition manages to take those few chances that come their way too. Even if you can't stand us losing, give credit where it is due.

A different game from the one I saw then. Played them off the park, but lost to a stack of excuses. Wow.

The janitor had a good game though. If only schools had no summer holidays and were in on a saturday as well.

It's worrying that some find the Forfar result not the most embarrassing in our history...without being critical of the current management team I cant imagine any result in our past that saw the club hit such a level without thinking it's just a blip

I keep last season out of the equation. I have been around since roundabout 1983, i.e. well before the Iron Curtain came down. We had some shockers along the way, and I for one remember the names Kevin McGowne, Ivan Sproule and Allan Johnston quite well. Also there was Ian Black some years back. We got hammered by a lucky Scum side 6-2 as well. Why would these be more embarrassing memories? Because we were at full strength with world-class and internationl class players at the time. None of those on the park yesterday would make any of these teams, bar Wallace perhaps. That is why these "shadow Rangers" results don't cut it with me. Maybe we see some glimpses of guile and style from September onwards, but I wouldn't bet my bottom Euro on it.