Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

We've spent a whole summer preparing for this new season and now it's the least of our worries.

You can at least see why i'm struggling.

no, I cant.

It matters not how long we have spent preparing for this new season.

The events since Green was confirmed as a "consultant" have taken clear priority over on-field matters. Two weeks ago the season was priority, yes. As of last week and the current events taking place, no. There are bigger issues at hand than a shitty performance and result at the weekend.

So, no, I cant see why you are struggling.

Great you disagreed. Care to actually comment on Walter? What about Green?

Walter leaving is a sad development but just raises more questions if he doesn't give us an explicit statement telling us why.

Green is but one element to all this, personally I think it may be best he goes along with everyone else involved in this mess, whatever their faction is.

A look at the accounts showed the debt Murray was building up (EBT case aside), too many fans were blinded because of the trophies we won from his borrowed millions.

I want to see the accounts now before hugely panicking.

Focus now STB, you're drifting again. No one is panicking, posters are simply suggesting prioritising. You don't need to see the accounts to know something is very wrong in the upper echelons of the club, Walter Smith walked out today, what does that tell you?

Again, in the past, had we prioritised the running of the club a bit more and the playing side a bit less then who knows where we'd be now.

Guest alfiebass
With reportedly less than 7 million in the bank that administration event may be closer than you think

And we reportedly cheated on the field of play

And we reportedly cheated the taxman

And we reportedly carried out financial doping

And we reportedly should be stripped of titles

Get the picture?

Focus now STB, you're drifting again. No one is panicking, posters are simply suggesting prioritising. You don't need to see the accounts to know something is very wrong in the upper echelons of the club, Walter Smith walked out today, what does that tell you?

Again, in the past, had we prioritised the running of the club a bit more and the playing side a bit less then who knows where we'd be now.

What it tells me is what Walter tells us, I await his statement

There's been enough 'reading between the lines' to last us a lifetime.

I don't wear blinkers. My priority is the football club, the football side of things and the top guy there is the manager, of which, ours is incompetent and needs removed.

When did fans get so knowledgeable and so involved with the company side of supporting their football clubs?

When Green & Co have raped and pillaged the club of any funds we have and we have no means to advance the club on or off the field then that, too, is part of the football club.

Whether we like it or not, the game has evolved to the point of being a business. Gone are the days of just supporting the club and not caring about what happens behind the scenes - the last 18 months should have taught us that much and more.

If Green and his ilk leave a crumbled infrastructure but no money then what will ANY manager be able to do ? Very little.

It is your prerogative to see the removal of our manager as the number 1 priority but I personally think that it takes a backseat to the stability of the club, the creation of a proper infrastructure, the security of club funds etc - all of those are more important than removing Ally as manager to me.

Without the former items being taken care of any manager will struggle, especially when we would be expected to compete with Celtic when we get back to the SPL.

Much as though Walter resigning is a worry.... trying to put positive spin on it, it could very well have been done in order that he can hang his hat on Jim McColl ansd Paul Murray's efforts to wrest the club from GreenCo. Walter is no mug, he knows that the fanbase, for the most part, would follow him over the edge of a cliff. He is the ONE person at the club who is trusted implicitly.

If Walter comes out, now that he has no official role at the club and, therefore, no obligations to be careful what he says as it could have an impact on the club, and states his support for McColl and Murray getting the club then we truly will be in a watershed moment - the fans are tired of the constant boardroom bickering, they want closure - I suspect that the fans, for the most part, would rally around Walter's chosen potential owners.

Yes, I know he was used as the figurehead for a failed attempt previously - but we have seen too much in-fighting and the fans just want an end - I personally would prefer people like McColl and Blin with their business and financial backgrounds, than Ahmed and Green, who it is sage to say think only for their own good, certainly in Ahmad's case.

Spot on Craig, but we really DO need Walter to put his name to a rallying call. It could be argued that his resignation is effectively that, but he needs to put it into words and call on the fans to support a new takeover because the wider fanbase won't read between the lines and will be fed a a huge variety of confusing information and disinformation by the media. Walter can cut through it all and rally the fans with one single statement.

What it tells me is what Walter tells us, I await his statement

There's been enough 'reading between the lines' to last us a lifetime.

We all await his statement. It's hardly reading between the lines though, it's clear he feels very strongly about something and it's unlikely to be the choice of biscuits in the Blue Room.

Anyway, onfield matters are clearly secondary just now, you can see why, yes?

A look at the accounts showed the debt Murray was building up (EBT case aside), too many fans were blinded because of the trophies we won from his borrowed millions.

I want to see the accounts now before hugely panicking.

You mean the fans worried about the football more than the boardroom.... sounds like you are contradicting yourself here....

When Green & Co have raped and pillaged the club of any funds we have and we have no means to advance the club on or off the field then that, too, is part of the football club.

Whether we like it or not, the game has evolved to the point of being a business. Gone are the days of just supporting the club and not caring about what happens behind the scenes - the last 18 months should have taught us that much and more.

If Green and his ilk leave a crumbled infrastructure but no money then what will ANY manager be able to do ? Very little.

It is your prerogative to see the removal of our manager as the number 1 priority but I personally think that it takes a backseat to the stability of the club, the creation of a proper infrastructure, the security of club funds etc - all of those are more important than removing Ally as manager to me.

Without the former items being taken care of any manager will struggle, especially when we would be expected to compete with Celtic when we get back to the SPL.

I agree with most of that but would like to know in what way our club is not stable. We are paying bills, we are signing players, teams are being picked, matches are being played.

Right now, the SPL is years away and competing with Celtic is light years away, especially under this management team. The football team needs fixed rightnow, the infighting amongst the board members is hard to comment on as we don't know the exact in and outs. I don't even think it is something we can influence sadly.