Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

And we reportedly cheated on the field of play

And we reportedly cheated the taxman

And we reportedly carried out financial doping

And we reportedly should be stripped of titles

Get the picture?

Green as much as admitted we had less than 10 mill in the bank. I havent seen anyone from the club deny it, have you ?

Even if not true, there are plenty of rumours abound that we dont have a great deal of it left - no smoke without fire and all that - and again, even if not true, surely we would be remiss to not at least be cautious and worried about it, given our past ?

I agree with most of that but would like to know in what way our club is not stable. We are paying bills, we are signing players, teams are being picked, matches are being played.

Right now, the SPL is years away and competing with Celtic is light years away, especially under this management team. The football team needs fixed rightnow, the infighting amongst the board members is hard to comment on as we don't know the exact in and outs. I don't even think it is something we can influence sadly.

We were doing all of that under Craig Whyte too, was the club stable then ? No.

It would be incredibly remiss of us to just assume the club is stable.

I dont think the football team needs fixed right now to be honest, I really dont. Many of the players we have signed have contracts that take them through Division 1, or the new Championship, whatever they call it this week. Now, if you want a philosophy then sure, now would be the time to start such - however, I dont even think that needs to be done at first team level right now, it can be implemented from the youth ranks such that in two or 3 years time when we are in the SPL they will be the new players utilising this new philosophy.

But many of the first team we currently have would be out of contract when we hit the SPL - obviously we could sign many of them on again but some will go. The priority, whether we like it or not, is gaining promotion. I, like you, would like to see better football and so too does McCoist himself - the result on the weekend wasnt helpful but how many of those guys would actually be playing had we not been stiffed by this stupid, illegal embargo ?

No, they gave the boardroom no consideration at all as Murray slowly but surely wrecked the club on his ego trip.

They gave it no consideration as they didnt think it was an issue. It was.

But here we are, again, looking at the football before the boardroom..... our own worst enemies.

Football has evolved, it is a business. If you dont look after the business you dont have a football team. We learned that last year, or at least should have.

By the way, the club had its debt under control the day that David Murray sold the club to Craig Whyte..... 18 million of debt, down from 30 million, a manageable debt and had just won a 3rd successive SPL title...... yes, SDM wrecked the club..... :rolleyes:

Whyte never paid bills.

Players werent getting paid under Whyte ?

He WAS paying bills.... just not the tax man, plus some other smaller creditors.

We also didnt find out he wasnt paying that until months too late..... how do we know that the club is paying its bills just now ?

They gave it no consideration as they didnt think it was an issue. It was.

But here we are, again, looking at the football before the boardroom..... our own worst enemies.

Football has evolved, it is a business. If you dont look after the business you dont have a football team. We learned that last year, or at least should have.

By the way, the club had its debt under control the day that David Murray sold the club to Craig Whyte..... 18 million of debt, down from 30 million, a manageable debt and had just won a 3rd successive SPL title...... yes, SDM wrecked the club..... :rolleyes:

He wrecked the club by building up debt to an extent where a bank took control of us, and only then did debt come down. He also took part in a risky tax scheme which helped get us to where we are today, irrespective of the legal decisions (and we may never have escaped it due to HMRC's appeals). Not to mention his lies about making money out the club, and his lies about selling to someone with our interests at heart yet handed us over to the first crook that came along. All because of his nonsensical ego trip about spending a tenner for Celtic's fiver.

But of course, all hail the great Sir David, the sole man responsible for 9 in a row, the starter of the Souness revolution (even though he wasn't), how could anyone possibly blame him?

Guest alfiebass
no smoke without fire and all that - and again, even if not true, surely we would be remiss to not at least be cautious and worried about it, given our past ?

That's exactly what the SFA, SPL, the Mhedia and the Tim's were saying about all of the things we were accused of. Our CEO said we are financially sound, why would I take Green's word above his? I find it sad that where Green is concerned nobody seems to want to look to closely at his dealings while applying the old "no smoke without fire" to everybody else.

Why are we even 5alking about the manager at a time like this?

It's baffling isn't it. It seems some are determined to speak about anything except what is clearly important.