Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

This is just the start of people realigning themselves into various factions , we have approx 5 months of this ahead

Where does the 5 month figure come into play mate? Why 5 months and not 4 or 6 for example? Just curious!

Where does the 5 month figure come into play mate? Why 5 months and not 4 or 6 for example? Just curious!

The tie in period for Green and co,s shares , unless a very unlikely truce and agreement is reached

If Walter was walking out due to our boardroom shambles and ready to speak out about it i'd have a lot of respect for him.

If he's walking out because his protegee might get the boot he's down in my estimations.

Don't rely on Walter doing or saying anything , he has No track record for doing it or standing up for the club , he has already told the press he won't be a moral or vocal guardian whilst chairman

If Walter was walking out due to our boardroom shambles and ready to speak out about it i'd have a lot of respect for him.

If he's walking out because his protegee might get the boot he's down in my estimations.

It wouldn't be as black and white as that though. If Ally was sacked I would expect Walter to walk anyway, but under the current circumstances at the club, if it did happen, then Walter would be walking for a whole bunch of reasons and support for Ally would only be one of them.

It wouldn't be as black and white as that though. If Ally was sacked I would expect Walter to walk anyway, but under the current circumstances at the club, if it did happen, then Walter would be walking for a whole bunch of reasons and support for Ally would only be one of them.

There's a legitimate case for Ally to go for footballing reasons (even if you don't think he should) so that just sounds like adding to the overall confusion.

Walter has got nothing to lose at the moment and he was good at raising his voice and commanding respect in the dressing room, so why isn't he doing it at board room level to start putting a few people in their places??...especially if he is going to walk soon! He has the fans backing knowing he will always do what is best for the club.

There's a legitimate case for Ally to go for footballing reasons (even if you don't think he should) so that just sounds like adding to the overall confusion.

There's not really any confusion. It's plain as day what's going on. Even if poorly timed, Ally told us all on Saturday which side he's on with regards to the latest boardroom battle and Walter will be on the same side. They're sending a message to the fans that they support the proposed boardroom takeover and want Green & co out.