Yeah, Waltersboy's post is what inspired the article. :)

IIRC he's on the RFFF board so his info will be solid but I'm not convinced posting on FF is the best way for anyone to garner lots of support. Again, hence the article.

IIRC he's on the RFFF board so his info will be solid but I'm not convinced posting on FF is the best way for anyone to garner lots of support. Again, hence the article.

Sometimes when you play a team full a durty bassa's you need to roll the sleevs up and get durty back Frankie. It's not pleasant but just sometimes dirty tactics can serve their purpose.

So according to Waltersboy, we can expect to hear from McColl, at least if the EGM goes ahead.

To my uneducated eyes none of these doubts about McColl or Blin make sense. Look at the boxes they tick -

We want Rangers fans, if possible, and they are;

We want successful businessmen, and they are;

We want reputable businessmen, and they are;

We don't want to go down the SDM road, and they won't;

We don't want leaks to the media all the time, and they haven't.

I think that wanting to know their plans down to a T would be great but not that realistic; from the little that I followed the business pages back in the late 80's, 90's and 00's, those hot years of take-overs, not many companies or individuals laid out in absolute detail their future plans (with the exception, almost always, of laying off staff). It may be annoying but these guys did not get where they are by making too many wrong moves and if they think an EGM, a boardroom clear out and thorough corporate governance ahead of 'here, Charles, have £14m to fuck off' is the way to go then I can buy that.

My thoughts exactly Andy and I would add to what you've said that I just don't even see any question marks at all at the moment. The current proposal from McColl & co is simple and it doesn't involve ownership in the short term, it just involves clearing out the boardroom and installing a competent one. Ownership changes and the possibility of McColl, King or both investing in a new share issue are further down the line, although arguably not that much further depending on how many dead bodies Frank Blin finds in the books. Still, the point of ownership & future plans for the club isn't an immediate one. The immediate game plan is far simpler and it's just to get an incompetent board controlled by Green & co out and a competent one in place to sort out the corporate governance and run Rangers the way it should be run.

Yes! Exactly. And we don't actually need to see the colour of McColl or anyone else's money for that to happen. There's lots of steps to be taken before everything is hunky dory at Ibrox and anyone who came out and said 'I can have things running smoothly by Christmas' would make me more nervous than someone or a group who say, jeez louise, what a shambles! EGM, let's see the figures, let's have a vote. As Lena Martell almost said, one step at a time.

Prior's name has appeared again but I don't give him that much credence. If you invest in a company whose share price is collapsing, and Scotland's richest man and (apparently) Scotland's best known accountant want to get in about your investment and get it in shape, it's an odd response to run to the Record complaining they don't have enough shares.

As always I must say I am supremely ignorant of all such goings-on but on the face of it, he seems like a bit of a wally.

Prior's name has appeared again but I don't give him that much credence. If you invest in a company whose share price is collapsing, and Scotland's richest man and (apparently) Scotland's best known accountant want to get in about your investment and get it in shape, it's an odd response to run to the Record complaining they don't have enough shares.

As always I must say I am supremely ignorant of all such goings-on but on the face of it, he seems like a bit of a wally.

No idea what Prior is up to at all. He's not a Rangers fan and reportedly has a massive IQ, so there must be some reason in his madness, but I can't for the life of me fathom why he would want to get so heavily involved, both financially and publicly. It may be that he just sees an opportunity to grab some headlines and and get a little fame, but my gut instinct is not to trust him one iota.